Jump to content
  • uneblinstu
    uneblinstu

    uneblinstu’s postgame chatter: vol 12; ed 18 - vs. Indiana

    Now I know why my tickets said “officiating exhibition” on them...



    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    11 hours ago, LK1 said:

    Is still like to see Yvan and Cross on the court at the same time in games like this.  

    In theory this sounds good, but in practice, no.  In my simple little mind they are both 20 minute a game types right now.  They both lose productivity when they play long spurts...or so it seems to me.  Plus, you have no productive size behind those two.  Nada.

     

    Honestly if you didn't have to worry about rebounding or defense I like the lineup of Cam, Burke, Thor, Charlie and Hannif on the floor with Jervey as the sub.  Yeah I know that is totally unrealistic, but it would create match up difficulties for opposing bigs.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    9 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

    In theory this sounds good, but in practice, no.  In my simple little mind they are both 20 minute a game types right now.  They both lose productivity when they play long spurts...or so it seems to me.  Plus, you have no productive size behind those two.  Nada.

     

    Honestly if you didn't have to worry about rebounding or defense I like the lineup of Cam, Burke, Thor, Charlie and Hannif on the floor with Jervey as the sub.  Yeah I know that is totally unrealistic, but it would create match up difficulties for opposing bigs.


    They could each play 20-25 min at the 4-5, sub Kavas at the 5 and put either of Thor or Cheatham at the 4.  We wouldn’t be any worse at the 5 with Kavas there for Cross’ minutes, and we could at least guard opposing 4s with Cross.  We probably beat Indiana last night if we have anyone who can square up with a power forward.  He was killing Thor and Haanif from size alone.  

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    17 hours ago, jimmykc said:

    Not much to chatter about this morning. Needless to say, we all expect to reap a plethora of "L" s the rest of this season. The trick will be where we shall discover the elusive "W". Ladies and Gentlemen, don your pith helmets.

    Yeah, this is the most chatterless postgame I can remember in a while. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Did they show the replay of how Thor got T-ed up?  It was right in front of me so I sat there watching Brunk walk around like college Blake Griffin with his arms in the air like a big baby

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Notes from UNL

     

    • Nebraska had an 11-0 run in a 1:19 stretch the first half, the Huskers’ 13th double-digit run this season.
    • Defensively, Nebraska held Indiana without a field goal for a stretch of 8:07 in the second half.
    • Nebraska had eight steals, its most in a Big Ten Conference game this season.
    • Cam Mack had 20 points and nine rebounds to lead the Huskers. It marked the second 20-point game of his career and first in Big Ten Conference play. In two games against Indiana this season, Mack had 35 points and 19 assists.
    • Cam Mack has now reached double figures 16 times this season, including each of the last 11 games dating back to Dec. 4. Mack had nine assists, the sixth time this season he has had eight more assists in a game. He also has at least six assists in each of his seven Big Ten games.
    • Thorir Thorbjarnarson narrowly missed his first career double-double, finishing with 13 points and a season-high-tying nine rebounds. Thorbjarnarson scored eight of his 13 points and pulled down six of his nine rebounds after halftime.
    • Dachon Burke Jr. (12 points) and Haanif Cheatham (10 points) also scored in double figures, giving Nebraska four players in double figures for the 13th time this season.
    • Charlie Easley scored a career-high eight points. He knocked down both of his 3-point attempts after entering the game 1-for-8 from beyond the arc this season.
    • Nebraska’s 41-point first half is its highest in Big Ten play this season and the most since scoring 51 in the first half against South Dakota State.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    17 hours ago, LK1 said:


    They could each play 20-25 min at the 4-5, sub Kavas at the 5 and put either of Thor or Cheatham at the 4.  We wouldn’t be any worse at the 5 with Kavas there for Cross’ minutes, and we could at least guard opposing 4s with Cross.  We probably beat Indiana last night if we have anyone who can square up with a power forward.  He was killing Thor and Haanif from size alone.  

    Sorry, I currently have no faith in Kavas.  At this point it appears the coaching staff agrees.  

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

    Did they show the replay of how Thor got T-ed up?  It was right in front of me so I sat there watching Brunk walk around like college Blake Griffin with his arms in the air like a big baby

    Not a T.  I glanced over and believe Thor was pulling on him and Brunk was thrown backward.  Thor was so much bigger and stronger than Brunk so Thor received an intentional foul.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

    Sorry, I currently have no faith in Kavas.  At this point it appears the coaching staff agrees.  


    Oh me neither, but I have equally as little faith in Cross at the 5 defensively, and a lot of faith in him on both ends at the 4.  

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

    Sorry, I currently have no faith in Kavas.  At this point it appears the coaching staff agrees.  

     

    I don't think Indiana is the best matchup for him. Also, he's obviously platooning with Thor who you can barely take off the court.

    Not sure that he plays more vs Wisconsin but it's likely given their bigs like to play on the perimeter.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Guest
    This is now closed for further comments

  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

  • Member Statistics

    1,226
    Total Members
    1,610
    Most Online
    OhioHusker
    Newest Member
    OhioHusker
    Joined
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...