Arkansas Pine Bluff
Head Coach: Solomon Bozeman
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Nickname: Golden Lions
Last time out: Lost to Cleveland St.
Shirt not to wear: Black, Gold, fur
Opening Line: Nebraska by 19.5
- Nebraska is 5-0 all-time vs APB
- As you can see, this will be APB's 7th game already. Their entire non-con schedule consists of being buy-game opponents with 4 non-D1 at home
This is Bozeman's 2nd year as a head coach. Last year he made a name for himself by making his team run windsprints at Iowa St
Player to watch: Shaun Doss
The 6'5" 5th year guard leads the team in scoring at 20 points per game. He played his first 3 years at APB before transferring to SIU Edwardsville and then returning back to Arkansas.
Others to watch
- Kylen Milton - 6'4" pg can get his shot but they're not going in this year. Turnover prone.
- Chris Greene - The 6'8" Cleveland St transfer is a stretch 4 type, takes the most 3s on the team; Career 33.3% shooter from 3.
- Ismael Plet - 6'8" Oral Roberts transfer is the starting center; best offensive rebounder on the team
- AC Curry - The 6'5" JUCO guard off to a terrible start from 3, shooting 4-22
- Brahm Harris - 6'6" glue guy type player who averages about 3 shots a game
UNL Game Notes
Probable starters for Nebraska
5 Sam Griesel G 6-7
25 Emmanuel Bandoumel G 6-4
0 C.J. Wilcher G 6-5
4 Juwan Gary F 6-6
15 Blaise Keita C 6-11
30 Keisei Tominaga G 6-2
32 Wilhelm Breidenbach F 6-10
10 Jamarques Lawrence - G 6-3
12 Denim Dawson - F 6-6
33 Oleg Kojenets F 7-0
12 Sam Hoiberg G 6-0
31 Cale Jacobsen G 6-4
35 Henry Burt F 6-6
24 Jeffrey Grace III G 6-3
* 13 Derrick Walker F 6-9
3 Quaran McPherson G 6-3 - Out for the Year
It seemed like a tall order for Nebraska to go into New York and knock off St Johns and for a half it seemed like they might be able to pull it off. The Johnnies came out punching the 2nd half and Nebraska had no answer to the point it looked like they gave up at the end. On one hand this happens to even some of the best teams in D-1 but on the other hand it's pretty safe to lean into this being another brutal year under Fred Hoiberg.
You're likely not going to get much clarity this Sunday as Arkansas Pine Bluff isn't a good team despite almost knocking off TCU on opening night. The Golden Lions have 3 scoring threats in Doss, Milton, and Greene where Doss is the guy you really need to track. The rest of the team are complimentary scorers.
Nebraska could find itself in trouble again as APB will gamble and bring pressure. If Nebraska gets flustered and misses enough FTs, they could be in real trouble. However, Nebraska should be able to maintain enough of a rebounding edge where they'd be able to overcome a poor offensive day.
Seems like Nebraska will be hungry enough here to bounce back.
Prediction: Nebraska 80 - 59