Head Coach: LaVall Jordan
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Mascot: Butler Blue III
Last time out: Lost to Providence
Typical Rotation Depth: 7+
Line: Nebraska by 5
Style: 3 ball
Player to watch: Kamar Baldwin
The Junior combo guard is Bulter's go-to guy though he doesn't maintain a high efficiency level with that load due to his low 3pt%. Noted elite defender.
KenPom Helps to break down the lineup
The starting lineup for Wisconsin contains two guys who haven't made a 3 this year.
- Jorgensen splits his shots between the 2 and 3. Good 3pt shooter, not great mid-range game
- McDermott is a 3pt specialist
- PG Thompson doesn't shoot much and most of his offense comes driving the lane
- Fowler has a potential to be a matchup problem for Tanner as he will take and make 3s
- 6'11" Traditional center Joey Brunk will also be a challenge for Tanner as he draws a lot of fouls down low
If you haven't heard Brady Heiman is also out for this game so the Nebraska roster now consists of 5 scholarship and 2 walkon players.
In a lot of ways Butler is an ideal team to face as they play 3 guards, don't foul a lot, don't play at a high tempo and don't have an elite defense. Butler runs a 3pt shooting team and Nebraska runs a 3pt stopping defense. Offensively their center matchups might give up trouble but defensively they really have no answer for Isaiah Roby who has no choice but to be an offensive force. Motivation is always a factor for any team in the NIT but expect both teams to be ready to go, especially Nebraska who will be fueled by what is expected to be a large crowd and a chip on their shoulder.
Expect Nebraska to extend their season tonight
Prediction: Nebraska 70 - Butler 63