Ohio State Info
Location: Columbus, OH
Mascot: Brutus Buckeye
Typical Rotation Depth: 9-10
Line: Ohio St by 17.5
KenPom rank: 7
Home court advantage: 3.8 (49th in D-I)
Offensive Style: Shooting 3s
Defensive Style: Giving you little in the paint
Players to watch: Kaleb Wesson
The 6'9" 270# dominant Junior center has gotten himself into better shape which means he's playing at a high level for longer in games. The rebounding monster is also shooting 42% from 3. The Huskers will have to guard him all over on the court. K. Wesson is foul prone.
Ohio St's lineup has been in flux because of injuries. Kyle Young had an appendectomy and Duane Washington had a rib injury. Both players are now back.
- Walker transferred from from Florida St. He's pass first on this team but is losing time to DJ Carton due to an inconsistent shot. Will generate steals with his quickness
- With Wesson capable of shooting outside, Kyle Young can flourish driving to the rim. A superior rebounder who is shooting 67.8% from 2.
- Andre Wesson is also a great 3pt shooter and has played well in conference.
- Muhammad is a defense first shooting guard
- Frosh guard DJ Carton is shooting 40% from 3 and might get the start tonight. Like Walker he's also been turnover prone.
- EJ Liddell is 6'6" and functions as backup at forward.
Ohio St comes into this game on a 4 game losing streak because of their lack of offense. The Buckeyes are struggling with shooting and turnovers so Nebraska bringing intensity could keep them in a lull. The pack type defenses won't work as well against this 3pt shooting team so look for more of a switching defense tonight with Kaleb Wesson getting an immediate double team from somewhere when on the floor. The Buckeyes have a few guys that you can play off of. Offensive rebounding will be key as Ohio St will certainly be hunting for offensive boards to augment their offense.
Defensively though, tOSU has been tough and currently hold the #9 defense in KenPom. The Huskers will need to spam some points off of turnovers and a few off breaks but otherwise will need to hit 3s against this defense oriented team.
Look for OSU to control the pace tonight.
Prediction: Ohio St 75 - Nebraska 61