Nebraska will not pursue further postseason play

To be a downer maybe this is a way of telling us we ain't getting a big right now.

Sorry just in kind of a crappy mood today. Nothing bad just pppfffffftttttt.

I'm not following. Then again, maybe I don't want to know.

Just that we aren't getting either of the bigs we have been talking about and we need to get out and really get after it to fill that spot.

Just like I said just being kind of negative right now.

Leading up to this meeting with the AD 2 of the team leaders had indicated they wanted to play as had Miles. After the meeting "We are all in agreement." No statement of support from the AD. We have coach Mo singing Miles praises after our loss to Maryland.

Playing in a post season would have been very valuable as it is extra practice time, which would have been very valuable to our young team. The school work excuse doesn't hold water with me. If we had won enough to play in the NCAA tourney no one would have cared about missed classes.

Contrast that with the multiple times during the season that the AD publicly supported HIS football coach hire and then being in support of our our football team, 5-7, playing in post season game. That decision had a lot of national negative press and embarrassment for a once proud football program.

Not a lot of consistency here.

I somehow got the impression that Miles wanted to keep playing so the team, particularly the freshmen, could get more experience. Assume Eichorst has final say, maybe he didn't want to spend the $$. Then again maybe Miles agreed and its best for all.

I think this is all about $'s.

I think we can all put our own spins on this one after the fact. A larger question to me is why I am too computer inept to figure out how to make a poll so perhaps someone more ept can do one for HHC posters. I'll probably vote for the decision since I'll have enough basketball to be satiated for the next few weeks, and will believe that our guys didn't want to settle for third bests.

When I heard UNO was playing in a postseason tournament, my worst fear is that we'd be matched against them. We're better, but they'd have a LOT more to play for. So while I'm disappointed, I'm glad we're not going to see that happen. A loss would have been brutal.

No way we were losing to UNO.  If we scored 86 on Maryland, we were scoring 105 on UNO.

Leading up to this meeting with the AD 2 of the team leaders had indicated they wanted to play as had Miles. After the meeting "We are all in agreement." No statement of support from the AD. We have coach Mo singing Miles praises after our loss to Maryland.

Playing in a post season would have been very valuable as it is extra practice time, which would have been very valuable to our young team. The school work excuse doesn't hold water with me. If we had won enough to play in the NCAA tourney no one would have cared about missed classes.

Contrast that with the multiple times during the season that the AD publicly supported HIS football coach hire and then being in support of our our football team, 5-7, playing in post season game. That decision had a lot of national negative press and embarrassment for a once proud football program.

Not a lot of consistency here.

9eM76fsFaT-14.png

As much as I wanted to see more NU hoops, I totally understand why we aren't.  I understand the extra practice time and games for the young guys would be nice, but those guys are going to get individual work/weights/etc done now too.  

Coaches always say the best players get better in the off-season with their skill/individual work.  Well this give them all a chance to get going on it. And knowing this group of guys, they will work hard in the off-season.  

Hopefully this gives Miles some time to go find that big man we need too.   ;)

Long season, not good enough for NIT or NCAA tourney...CBI or Vegas 16 would look bad. We aren't a mid-major. Cut our losses and look forward to next season. I like our team for next year. Gill should be able to add the extra scoring that we need and take some pressure off of White. Watson will be good. Webster will continue to improve and Morrow...the sky is the limit. GBR

Long season, not good enough for NIT or NCAA tourney...CBI or Vegas 16 would look bad. We aren't a mid-major. Cut our losses and look forward to next season. I like our team for next year. Gill should be able to add the extra scoring that we need and take some pressure off of White. Watson will be good. Webster will continue to improve and Morrow...the sky is the limit. GBR

I'm not exactly sure how the Vegas 16 would look bad for us. I'll wait to see what teams they end up with first.

The article regarding Northwestern is interesting and informative.   I can certainly understand why they (and us) would decline the CBI or the Vegas tourney.   With Northwestern it sounds like the administration made the decision and took a little bit of heat from some of the fans for it - but at least they stepped up and acknowledged that it was a decision of the administration.