Who is in line for a big jump next year?

khoock

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/sports/nebrasketball-s-morrow-works-to-overcome-injury-throughout-season/article_eac7449e-eb1a-11e5-a017-af2af5efc5c2.html

Article from the Daily Nebraskan.  It does and then again doesn't relate to the present conversation. 

Why is he behind on his Xs and Os still?

That sort of surprised me as well.  Simeon HS is a highly known and respected basketball program...yet Ed never lifted weights until he came to Nebraska.  That shocked me.  Perhaps their playbook is so basic (due to the pure athleticism  of their players) that it is more difficult to learn a sophisticated playbook at our level? 

That seems like a reach, but hey, I am reaching for answers.  I really, really like Ed and love his basketball ability.  I hope and pray that he takes it up two or three levels next season.  I repeat, I hope and pray.

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/sports/nebrasketball-s-morrow-works-to-overcome-injury-throughout-season/article_eac7449e-eb1a-11e5-a017-af2af5efc5c2.html

Article from the Daily Nebraskan.  It does and then again doesn't relate to the present conversation. 

That sort of surprised me as well.  Simeon HS is a highly known and respected basketball program...yet Ed never lifted weights until he came to Nebraska.  That shocked me.  Perhaps their playbook is so basic (due to the pure athleticism  of their players) that it is more difficult to learn a sophisticated playbook at our level? 

That seems like a reach, but hey, I am reaching for answers.  I really, really like Ed and love his basketball ability.  I hope and pray that he takes it up two or three levels next season.  I repeat, I hope and pray.

You can probably chalk it up to freshman year growing curve.  If he's healthy next year and coming off the bench because of Xs and Os, that's a pretty big red flag, pardon the pun.

When I read that, I assumed it was because of his injury and being limited in practice and games.  Remember during the summer either before or after the Europe trip -- can't recall which -- Ed was recovering from surgery while the other freshmen were practicing and playing.

Well, I guess Jacobson was also out for awhile and he ended up as a starter, so I guess that's not a 100% valid excuse.

Oh well.

Jake Hammond. Positive incremental improvement this year, look for more next season.

Tai Webster. Positive significant improvement this season, look for senior leader next year.

AW-III. Expansion of offensive game towards the end of the year, look for all-conference type player next season.

GW2. Expansion of his role on the team, look for Glynn to be the out-right on-court leader as the starting PG.

EM2. Ed Morrow Jr. will be a force to be reckoned with in his future in the Big Ten.  I could see him averaging double-digit rebounds before too long.

Anton Gill. Sitting out this year as a transfer from L'Ville. Look for Gill to become an all-around great player to complement the skills of AW-III.

MJ. Jacobson started 25 games this year, and generally held his own against like-sized competition. If he's still growing, look for MJ to take the next step in his role as a 5.

Jack McVeigh. Kind of one-dimensional as an offensive threat. Look for Jack to become a better all-around player next year.

I had my bye annual eye check up today. My eye doctor was telling me that his dad who is also an eye doctor same practice, talked to a guy who refs some of the practice's and he told the doctor that Gill was the real deal who is like White but loves the rim more. 

So a hybred Shavon then?  I would welcome that.

Gill?  No, IMO anyway not a hybrid Shavon.

I see Gill as being a superb athlete with lots of offensive ability.  He can get to the rim, he can shoot mid-range and he's a very confident perimeter shooter who can get a shot off without needing a lot of space (for those shot clock-winding-down situations). 

I think he's more comparable to Petteway, except maybe more effective from the perimeter than Petteway, but maybe not quite as effective on the bounce.

Not sure if he defends as well as Petteway.