Just for fun

khoock

Let's just say, for whatever reason, Anton Gill was eligible to play this season. How much of a difference do you guys think it would make in terms of W's and L's.

Obviously he wouldn't help with our post play which is the biggest problem but I think having another talented athletic gaurd like Gill would have allowed us to play a style more suitable to the team's current roster makeup.

I've been saying all year that we needed another shooter to take some pressure off of Andrew White. White is a more effective player if Gill is in the backcourt. And I think that'll be the case next year.

I figured with him we could flip our record. A few games where it seemed like we were just one player away.

Or about if we had Petteway and the sophomore version of Pitchford?

I'm not sure which player would be more beneficial. Pitchford would address our biggest need and when he was locked in he was a solid big man. But Petteway could just take over a game like no one on our roster can currently. And that offense would be fun to watch with Petteway (a pure scorer) Shields (a great slasher) White (a pure shooter) Watson (a true PG) and Webster (wild card assuming he makes the same leap over the off season).

I'm not sure which player would be more beneficial. Pitchford would address our biggest need and when he was locked in he was a solid big man. But Petteway could just take over a game like no one on our roster can currently. And that offense would be fun to watch with Petteway (a pure scorer) Shields (a great slasher) White (a pure shooter) Watson (a true PG) and Webster (wild card assuming he makes the same leap over the off season).

Not sure I would call Petteway a "pure scorer" .  Yes he scored but a lot had to do with volume of shoots.  Part of that volume was that no one else stepped up.

Not sure I would call Petteway a "pure scorer" .  Yes he scored but a lot had to do with volume of shoots.  Part of that volume was that no one else stepped up.

Part of that no one else stepping up had to do with TP himself.

Not sure I would call Petteway a "pure scorer" . Yes he scored but a lot had to do with volume of shoots. Part of that volume was that no one else stepped up.
Pure scorer as in he could score in numerous ways. He could shoot the three, drive to the basket, get to the foul line, pull up mid range, and most importantly create his own shot.

I've been saying all year that we needed another shooter to take some pressure off of Andrew White. White is a more effective player if Gill is in the backcourt. And I think that'll be the case next year.

I figured with him we could flip our record. A few games where it seemed like we were just one player away.

Wouldn't have taken much.  Win the two home OT games and then the 1 point loss at PSU and don't lose to Samford.

That would have taken us from 14-17 (6-12) to 18-13 (8-10).

Few people would have been complaining about that record.

Next year, though, it's probably going to have to be 21-10 (10-8) or better.

Part of that no one else stepping up had to do with TP himself.

Agree with this too

Not sure I would call Petteway a "pure scorer" . Yes he scored but a lot had to do with volume of shoots. Part of that volume was that no one else stepped up.
Pure scorer as in he could score in numerous ways. He could shoot the three, drive to the basket, get to the foul line, pull up mid range, and most importantly create his own shot.

Yes he could score in a lot of ways, but again, it came with volume of shots taken.

This is a little outside the op's premise but, as long as it's just for fun, what if we had a (100%) Leslee Smith this season (or all of last season for that matter)? What does that do on the inside; and opening up the outside? If we find someone like him next season; Watch Out!

Last season was a train wreck I don't think a healthy Leslee Smith could have fixed. This year would be a difference as he would have helped tremendously in the post. But hindsight is 20/20 and I'm sure if Miles knew how bad last season would turn he would have just redshirted or got a medical waiver for Leslee (can't remember which one he had already used at SMU)