The coaching carousel

jimmykc

Great for Tubby.  Very happy for him.  One of the good guys, IMO.

Things that haven't worked out so well:   '

1.  Bill Byrne firing Danny Nee;

2.  Minnesota firing Tubby Smith

Worked out pretty well for Tubby.

Good distinction.  It also worked out pretty well for Texas Tech.  For the Gophers, not so much.

Is it too much to ask the athletic director at a university, when making an official statement for said university, to use the appropriate personal pronoun when referring to herself?

"disappointing to...I"

Barf!

Is it too much to ask the athletic director at a university, when making an official statement for said university, to use the appropriate personal pronoun when referring to herself?

"disappointing to...I"

Barf!

"Unprecedented" ?!

Also, Chris Beard has a $1M buyout for taking that one-week job in Vegas. Yikes.

"disappointing to...I"

Barf!

"Unprecedented" ?!

Also, Chris Beard has a $1M buyout for taking that one-week job in Vegas. Yikes.

I don't notice anything wrong with her usage of "unprecedented." 

Am I missing something?  Now I'm paranoid!  :)

"disappointing to...I"

Barf!

"Unprecedented" ?!

Coaches leave all the time, some quicker than others. ;) - I think it is a silly notion to use "unprecedented" at all. Unless it actually is.

"disappointing to...I"

Barf!

"Unprecedented" ?!

Coaches leave all the time, some quicker than others. ;) - I think it is a silly notion to use "unprecedented" at all. Unless it actually is.

Leaving after a week is pretty close to being unprecedented, I'd say.  I'll give her a bit of leeway on that one.  :)

Leaving after a week is pretty close to being unprecedented, I'd say.  I'll give her a bit of leeway on that one.  :)

It just seems a bit cryptic of her to give his departure that much credence in his value to their program (albeit it will be a boon for the Running Rebels). The guy had a $1,000,000 buyout, UNLV will be 'fine.' Their coffers will be added to henceforth.

Here's fodder...