The coaching carousel

jimmykc

...and this one's for Norm.   :D

That's kind of a bad deal for Sheldon, especially when Stallings dicked him around and wouldn't grant him a release.  Which meant that Sheldon had to sit out a year at a juco on his own dime (and not play) in order to end up at Pitt.  If Stallings had just granted him a release, he still would have had to sit a year, but he would have sat a year, on scholarship, at Pitt, and been able to practice with the team.

Sheldon better graduate this spring so he can make another move, because I have a feeling there'll still be some bad blood between the two of them.

...and this one's for Norm.   :D

That's kind of a bad deal for Sheldon, especially when Stallings dicked him around and wouldn't grant him a release.  Which meant that Sheldon had to sit out a year at a juco on his own dime (and not play) in order to end up at Pitt.  If Stallings had just granted him a release, he still would have had to sit a year, but he would have sat a year, on scholarship, at Pitt, and been able to practice with the team.

Sheldon better graduate this spring so he can make another move, because I have a feeling there'll still be some bad blood between the two of them.

For some reason I remember the Sheldon Jeter thing as being 10 years ago...I find it astonishing that he's still kicking around.  He's the Elvis Grbac of basketball.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/15081335

UNLV getting ready to hire Chirs Beard

Did he even unpack?  One year and off to better and bigger.

Other than Texas Tech under the Knights, he hasn't been anywhere for very long

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Beard_(basketball)

He seems pretty intense. He's going to need to win soon at UNLV or that's going to wear thin pretty quick.

I guess his wife is from New Orleans so maybe she has family there. Funny that the original report was that his son, the assistant at Villanova, was the one named. Mike Sr. is only 62, so maybe he just wanted to show there is some juice still left in the plum.

Are you feeling that, Jimmy?   :)