Post season hopes

khoock

Do we have any shot at the CBI? I'm not really sure what their requirements are but I thought Penn State played in it a couple of years ago with a losing record.

I think it's as simple as us calling them and saying that we'll play.

And 'pay' to play, per se.

BTW, khoock, that was Purdue not PSU.

Do we have any shot at the CBI? I'm not really sure what their requirements are but I thought Penn State played in it a couple of years ago with a losing record.

Right now I would say CBI is in play for sure. Possibly the Vegas 16 as well because we are a power 5 team that will have fans that travel. I would say the NIT is out. Even if we win 4 in Indy, we finish 18-18. NCAA is a loooooooooong shot, but still in play if we win 5.

I rather like the thought of being in the inaugural tournament of the Vegas-16!  I think a trip to Vegas would be a reward for all the team, especially for the Seniors (Benny and Shavon deserve it); And you get to Stay as long as you Play!  Could be a harbinger of things to come!  :)

I want to see how they fare this weekend. They look gassed, especially the freshmen. Remember, they played extra games this summer, too. I think there could be some benefit to playing a couple extra games with whatever tournament pressure comes in these low level tournaments, but I'm not sure how much is gained if their tank is already on empty.

I want to see how they fare this weekend. They look gassed, especially the freshmen. Remember, they played extra games this summer, too. I think there could be some benefit to playing a couple extra games with whatever tournament pressure comes in these low level tournaments, but I'm not sure how much is gained if their tank is already on empty.

I think those tweets of Miles today were just a weee bit of a pride check to his players.

I think those tweets of Miles today were just a weee bit of a pride check to his players.

I hope so.

I rather like the thought of being in the inaugural tournament of the Vegas-16!  I think a trip to Vegas would be a reward for all the team, especially for the Seniors (Benny and Shavon deserve it); And you get to Stay as long as you Play!  Could be a harbinger of things to come!  :)

i agree. vegas sounds a lot more fun than the cbi tourney.

Plus two weeks off to get back school, good practices and sleeping in your own bed. Could do a lot for the young guys.

CBI has home games going for it, that's the one big plus in that tourney.

NIT is going to be mid major city this year.  Only 1 mid major has won their conference tournament.  WOW

So how many power 5 teams have won mid-major tournaments if only 1 mid major team has won?  Secondly, how do we get to play in a mid major conference tourney next year instead of the Big Ten tourney?

NIT is going to be mid major city this year.  Only 1 mid major has won their conference tournament.  WOW

So how many power 5 teams have won mid-major tournaments if only 1 mid major team has won?  Secondly, how do we get to play in a mid major conference tourney next year instead of the Big Ten tourney?

Put us in a tournament with Samford and Incarnate Word, dammit.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/ron-kantowski/vegas-16-basketball-tournament-needs-few-good-teams

Livengood said there is interest from many teams that have won 20 games, but that 20 wins aren’t required. He said the Vegas 16 probably would not pursue teams with losing records, though.

So...CBI then.

There are few, if any Power 5 conference teams with a record over .500 that won't make the NCAA or NIT.

If they want P5 teams in their tourney, they'll likely need to be looking at teams with a losing record.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/ron-kantowski/vegas-16-basketball-tournament-needs-few-good-teams

Livengood said there is interest from many teams that have won 20 games, but that 20 wins aren’t required. He said the Vegas 16 probably would not pursue teams with losing records, though.

So...CBI then.

There are few, if any Power 5 conference teams with a record over .500 that won't make the NCAA or NIT.

If they want P5 teams in their tourney, they'll likely need to be looking at teams with a losing record.

650x366.jpg

So...CBI then.

650x366.jpg

That's one.

15 to go...

Do teams choose to decline NIT for Vegas? Just food for thought.

Probably would have to be a scenario like Illinois where their stadium was under construction or if you were going to be a low seed in the tourney. You do have to pay to be in the Vegas tourney and I don't know how that works vs the economics of being in the NIT.