Northwestern pregame talk

hhcmatt

After torching us from 3 in the first game in conference NW is currently shooting worse than us in the conference.

Olah is back.

Dererk Pardon is a physically talented guy but he's also a freshman who was shot out of a cannon against us without the wear and tear of playing and no scout

80cd2913fe.png

Against Nebraska: 28 points, 12 rebounds,  4 fouls

Against the Month of February (6 games):14 points, 14 rebounds, 19 fouls

Subsequently, Northwestern has gone from the best start in school history to "Tell me about this Vegas 16 tournament"  The crowd factor isn't going to be a huge advantage for them. They'll be favored to win by 5-6 by Vegas and rightfully so.

Is Andrew White going to be able to raise his arm over his head by Sunday? That would make me feel a lot better about this.

He's been on Olah is tired and I Pardon just picked up his 3rd foul duty for February so not a real big loss for them.

Funny that LeeBo tweeted that, then. lol ;)

It's certainly worth mentioning as they're coming up and he covers the B1G beat but it's simply not a major factor for Sunday.

He's been on Olah is tired and I Pardon just picked up his 3rd foul duty for February so not a real big loss for them.

Funny that LeeBo tweeted that, then. lol ;)

It's certainly worth mentioning as they're coming up and he covers the B1G beat but it's simply not a major factor for Sunday.

Oh, it's timely. But, the urgency in which it seemed to be tweeted out kind of caught me as 'funny.' Ohhhhh, LeeBo. You dirty rascal, you! ha

Washut, though, with apt words like only a washnut can gather ;):

We need to win this one to get on a roll for our B1G Tournament run... as of last night we had a Rutgers then OSU match-up which I think is very favorable.

P.S. I deleted my Avatar in hopes of importing a new one, but every photo I try is either too big (ha ha) or the wrong format. Any sugestions? 

We need to win this one to get on a roll for our B1G Tournament run... as of last night we had a Rutgers then OSU match-up which I think is very favorable.

P.S. I deleted my Avatar in hopes of importing a new one, but every photo I try is either too big (ha ha) or the wrong format. Any sugestions?

I would almost prefer playing the first day If it meant drawing OSU the second round if it meant avoiding Purdue early on in the tournament.

Need a small, square pic. I think it's only the size of 70x70.

Link me in a PM and I'll get it hooked up

Northwestern a 2 pt road favorite after an opening PK line vs Penn St.

Game at 8pm. 

If NW wins, we have to beat NW to not be the 11th seed.

If Penn St loses this one and vs Illinois, then we won't be the 11th seed regardless of what we do.

I would almost prefer playing the first day If it meant drawing OSU the second round if it meant avoiding Purdue early on in the tournament.

I keep seeing people bringing up Purdue. They have a tough matchup vs Wisconsin at home but it's a game they'll be favored to win. If they win, they won't be the 7th seed. Heck, if they lose and Iowa beats Michigan then you have Purdue at the 6th seed instead of Ohio St.

The most important thing is for us to win on Sunday. At 15-16 we would have to win two conference tourney games to finish .500 and get to post season play. Depending on the match ups we could definitely win two games.

I'm somewhat worried that some of the team has given up or hit their wall. But I know Shavon won't quit and hopefully how he has been playing will inspire the rest of the team.

Anything can happen. If I were in Evanston for that game, it would probably spell bad news for the 'Cats because excluding UW-Stout games, the home teams that I have seen live this year have a combined 1-8 record, and an 8-game losing streak.

But, I can't get to Evanston for that game.

ICYMI, Northwestern came out blazing and built a 15 point half time lead.  NW was cold in the second half, Penn State clawed their way back within 4 with 6 minutes to go and NW finally started making baskets again to close it out. It was mostly Tre Demps and McIntosh for NW in this one.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/white-says-shoulder-injury-no-excuse-for-recent-slide/article_37977e13-ed3f-50c0-978d-67976c4e7e09.html

“Although I’ve been a little off the last few games, I’m not going to publicly attribute it to the shoulder injury. It’s just kind of what it is,” White said. “Nobody wants to hear about your injuries. If you’re playing and you’re out there, you’ve got to be at your best and get the results.”

White was injured in the first half of the Indiana game when he rotated on defense and took an elbow from Indiana's OG Anunoby.

“It was sore, but my adrenaline kind of carried me throughout the half and throughout the game, and I didn’t address it the way I should have,” White said. “I just figured it was a little soreness. After about two days, that’s when it really tightened up on me.”

White then had a cortisone shot that “really slowed me down for a day or two.”

Cortisone shot?!?!?  I think Andrew White is underestimating what people want to know about his physical health. If he accidentally clips a fingernail too short, I want to know about it!