2017 PF David Wingett -> Memphis -> S. Dakota St

AuroranHusker

2 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Not with the Burke transfer from the other day.

And I think he means Caffaro.

Ah.  Yeah I'd want Caffaro first.  Tough call between an Amir and Wingett as far as team needs, honestly.  Decent PGs who can run an offense are a little easier to find than 6'7" lights out shooters.  Wingett can score the ball and make contested jumpers from just about anywhere.  Can't teach that.  Amir is a freak athlete--can't teach that either.  It depends how we plan on using Burke as well--PG or SG?  I'd offer all three and see who commits first. 

6 minutes ago, LK1 said:

Ah.  Yeah I'd want Caffaro first.  Tough call between an Amir and Wingett as far as team needs, honestly.  Decent PGs who can run an offense are a little easier to find than 6'7" lights out shooters.  Wingett can score the ball and make contested jumpers from just about anywhere.  Can't teach that.  Amir is a freak athlete--can't teach that either.  It depends how we plan on using Burke as well--PG or SG?  I'd offer all three and see who commits first. 

Decent true PG’s have been about as difficult to find as an NCAA tournament win for us the last 10-15 years. 

1 hour ago, LK1 said:

We have 3 schollies, correct?  I don't know who Castelano is.  Definitely wouldn't pass on Amir. 

Yup...sorry, I meant Caffaro.  We need a PG this cycle.  I guess Thomas and Trueblood are serviceable,  but we need a great PG to be able to step up and step in once Glynn moves on...don't you think?

Edited by Huskerpapa

1 minute ago, Huskerpapa said:

Yup...sorry, I meant Caffaro.  We need a PG this cycle.  I guess Thomas and Trueblood are serviceable,  but we need a great PG to be able to separate up and step in once Glynn moves on...don't you think?

I think that's that they're looking to Dachon Burke for.

Edited by uneblinstu

1 hour ago, uneblinstu said:

I think that's that they're looking to Dachon Burke for.

I guess I see Dachon more in line with the Palmer role than the Watson role.  We also have Nana and Thor with that similar game.  Are we good with not having a true PG on the roster?

I mentioned this elsewhere, but I am likely in the minority when I opine that I understand why we passed on this young man.  Perhaps he has matured, but his game had a great number of holes in it coming out of high school.  I would take Teddy, well before Wingett.