Zylan Cheatham 2014

ajb5856

Interesting.

http://westcoastconvo.com/?p=536

In this article he lists a few schools that are recruiting him the hardest. He doesn't list Nebraska but lists Georgetown. I wonder if, by chance, Kenya Hunter was his recruiter to Georgetown.

I never trust an article written by a small schools obscure website.  He has stated several times in Rivals articles that NU is recruiting him very hard.

Interesting.

http://westcoastconvo.com/?p=536

In this article he lists a few schools that are recruiting him the hardest. He doesn't list Nebraska but lists Georgetown. I wonder if, by chance, Kenya Hunter was his recruiter to Georgetown.

I never trust an article written by a small schools obscure website. He has stated several times in Rivals articles that NU is recruiting him very hard.

I never take those lists for final word no matter where they come from. A lot of times a recruiting guru has the prospect on the spot and they are spouting a list of schools from memory.

In this case I was just wondering if Kenya Hunter had any to do with Georgetowns recruitment of Cheatham, because if there was a relationship formed there it could be a plus for Nebraska.

Zylan was mentioned in a nice little article over on CBSSports.  Unfortunately, it looks like he's interested in staying close to home.  We're not out of the race yet, but Miles' chances of landing him seem to be decreasing.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22771682/notebook-zylan-cheatham-and-terry-larrier-continue-rising-in-2014

Sigh!...

The time will come when a the next level player (top 150) takes this leap of faith, hope and love for the NU program...but not this year.

I believe TM has set the table by providing a large number of significantly better players that are ready to enter the rotation this year and hopefully provide the encouragement.

TM will keep looking for the player(s) with an attitude that needs to "Go where no man has gone before."

When he or they arrive, they most likely be a "gods" in this state.

I visualize next August...as we snare a pair of recruits that agree they want to play together (similar to what it appeared Akoy Agau was trying to hook up with Vitto Brown). If we can get some visits into the tremendous facilities, while having an electric atmosphere (I know...this is asking for a BIG change, but a 20 win team should get the new crowd revved up) some intelligent players are going to see the advantages.

Now, since I was born right after our last conference championship...let me please just live long enough to see us hoist this trophy...and I will be smiling all the way to the mortuary...but if we win a few games in the tournament, I may agree to dance there.

TM, Make it so!

Sigh!...

The time will come when a the next level player (top 150) takes this leap of faith, hope and love for the NU program...but not this year.

I believe TM has set the table by providing a large number of significantly better players that are ready to enter the rotation this year and hopefully provide the encouragement.

TM will keep looking for the player(s) with an attitude that needs to "Go where no man has gone before."

When he or they arrive, they most likely be a "gods" in this state.

I visualize next August...as we snare a pair of recruits that agree they want to play together (similar to what it appeared Akoy Agau was trying to hook up with Vitto Brown). If we can get some visits into the tremendous facilities, while having an electric atmosphere (I know...this is asking for a BIG change, but a 20 win team should get the new crowd revved up) some intelligent players are going to see the advantages.

Now, since I was born right after our last conference championship...let me please just live long enough to see us hoist this trophy...and I will be smiling all the way to the mortuary...but if we win a few games in the tournament, I may agree to dance there.

TM, Make it so!

Why can't it be this year that a top 150 player decides to come here? We have a couple out there yet still in our sights.

• 2 weeks later...

Why not keep in touch with him now.

We could wait for somebody like this, the other schools he had on his list can just get somebody as good.

We don't have to keep a spot open, but if one was still there when he becomes cleared, he might want to come to a place that stuck with him.

Remember that is kind of how. got Lue back in the day. We stayed with him even though he hadn't qualified yet.

He stayed with us even after he passed and some of the big boys came with offers.

We could wait for somebody like this, the other schools he had on his list can just get somebody as good.

We don't have to keep a spot open, but if one was still there when he becomes cleared, he might want to come to a place that stuck with him.

Remember that is kind of how. got Lue back in the day. We stayed with him even though he hadn't qualified yet.

He stayed with us even after he passed and some of the big boys came with offers.

This kid is a borderline 5 star player, so i doubt the teams in his top 8 schools are going to stop pursuing him.

I'm sure we haven't completely stop talking to the kid, but it's probably best that we have other top priorities now.

I was thinking of Tyronne, too, when this news came out.  I agree - if he was worth pursuing before the academic issues came up, it doesn't hurt to keep the interest level high, and maybe get an inside track in the event he gets those issues ironed out.

• 5 years later...