Zylan Cheatham 2014

ajb5856

I read the article. I hope we get this kid to visit. But I fail to see how we are 'on track" to get him to visit when all he says when asked if he's visiting Nebraska is that "it's possible." I'm probably just being negative again.

probably depends on who all is in the picture come this fall.  He doesnt want to commit to a visit then have a ton of major players come in and have to renege on his original plans.

I read the article. I hope we get this kid to visit. But I fail to see how we are 'on track" to get him to visit when all he says when asked if he's visiting Nebraska is that "it's possible." I'm probably just being negative again.

He said his relationship with Nebraska's coaches have them in a good spot to receive one of his five official visits.

He also said that it's not really about the program. He said it's more about his relationship with the coaching staff, the school, and fan base. I think this is good for Nebraska and could mean that Nebraska isn't at the bottom of his list, even with their lack of success and post season history compared to alot of other programs.

"I plan on signing this November my birthday which is November 17 that's pretty much it. If not the same signing period"

Nebraska looking for playmakers

Someone set the Atewe birthday countdown clock to November 17th. Only 6 months away!

that falls during the 11/13-11/20 fall signing period.

Should we set an over/under on page numbers yet?

silverback will do is best to get this over 20....but i need more substance...Sai and Atewe provided great ammo

There's 6 months left until his decision. 20 seems pretty low.

well there are some factors to think about, whats his twitter account...he seems well versed in recriut speak so that will certainly help the spread. i think 25 is my limit, but if we crack the top 3 this easily a 40 pager, there is the Kenny Cheatham varible we havent dived all the way into yet.

Should we set an over/under on page numbers yet?

silverback will do is best to get this over 20....but i need more substance...Sai and Atewe provided great ammo

There's 6 months left until his decision. 20 seems pretty low.

well there are some factors to think about, whats his twitter account...he seems well versed in recriut speak so that will certainly help the spread. i think 25 is my limit, but if we crack the top 3 this easily a 40 pager, there is the Kenny Cheatham varible we havent dived all the way into yet.

Do we know if he has a "mentor"?

• 2 weeks later...

Nike EYBL Player Evaluations: 2014 Zylan Cheatham

on 06-07-2013 05:27 PM

Coast 2 Coast Hoops
AK Murthy

Part of what makes Cheatham a great rebounder is his mobility. The rangy forward covers a lot of ground, and has good instincts and timing when shots come off the rim. As a result, Cheatham is able to get to rebounds that bigger and slower defenders sometimes cannot.

His mobility also helps him put the ball on the floor and drive. Cheatham is quick with the ball in his hands, and has good burst for a player his size. The drive is probably Cheatham's biggest offensive strength right now.
2014 Zylan Cheatham, a 6'7" 200 lb forward out of Phoenix's Westwind Prep, is one of the state's top players. Known for his athleticism and rebounding ability, Cheatham has received nationwide recruiting attention.

Cheatham is a bouncy athlete who moves fluidly. And though he has a muscular physique, his frame still has plenty of room for added weight. As he develops his body, his strength could become a valuable asset for a team.

As one of the top offensive rebounders in the Nike EYBL, Cheatham's ability on the glass is obvious. He gets off the ground quickly, and he's able to use his athleticism and length to corral rebounds. He has a knack for tip in's and is extremely active underneath the basket. He's a player that can make a big impact cleaning up his teammate's misses.

Cheatham has a number of physical gifts, but is still a raw player at this point. Though he is listed as both a small forward and a power forward, Cheatham is still developing the perimeter skill to be effective away from the basket and will likely play the four as he gets bigger and stronger.

Cheatham's game is not based on shooting, but he still needs to improve in that area. If he can't develop a consistent shot from mid and close range, Cheatham could become a very one dimensional player.

Bottom Line: As one of the best players in the state of Arizona, Cheatham is drawing a lot of attention from the west coast and is starting to get looks from schools around the country as well. He's gifted physically, and is already an excellent rebounder with good instincts near the basket. As a player who is still developing other areas of the game, Cheatham has great potential as a utility forward.

http://www.pointguardu.com/content/nike-eybl-player-evaluations-2014-zylan-cheatham-1870/

Yeah, In my opinion:

The top of Nebraska's board should be Cheatham, Gilmore, and Turner.  Sign them all and let the roster sort itself out.  This is assuming that Nebraska carries over the scholarship from this season.

OWH had a brief story that Coach Miles & the Huskers planned to carry forward the unsigned scholarship for next season...

Yeah, In my opinion:

The top of Nebraska's board should be Cheatham, Gilmore, and Turner.  Sign them all and let the roster sort itself out.  This is assuming that Nebraska carries over the scholarship from this season.

OWH had a brief story that Coach Miles & the Huskers planned to carry forward the unsigned scholarship for next season...

Yeah, I haven't read the article, but I kind've assumed that was the case, because I haven't heard anything about any new guys popping up on the list for this class.