Zylan Cheatham 2014

ajb5856

Another 2014 target. 6'8" point forward. Top prospect out of Arizona. Looks like he would fit in the Miles offense. He is blowing up. Offers from Arizona State, Colorado, Colorado State, Boise St, New Mexico, Oregon State, and Utah.

Syracuse, Gonzaga, Memphis, Kentucky, Georgetown, UNLV, Michigan, Cal, NC State, Indiana, and Nebraska have shown interest recently.

I wonder if this is a target Miles was involved with at CSU, thus the Colorado State offer.

• 2 months later...

Now, point of clarification.  Is it "official" when Robin Washut tweets it?  Or is it only official if Brian Rosenthal tweets it?  I'm kinda fuzzy on this one.

In terms of recruiting, I'd side with Washut.  It's sort of what he does.

This guy looks to have really good length and athleticism. Reminds me of Durant...obviously not as skilled, but in terms of body type and athleticism. Seems like he gets off the floor with very little effort.

Exactly. Looks like one of those guys that isn't really trying, just kind of glides around. Durant is exactly who I thought of. Not a comparison of talent, just the idea of a point forward. A 6-8 bringing the ball up the floor. Something that's seen in the NBA, not so much in the college ranks.

This kid is from Pheonix.  Former Husker wideout Kenny Cheatham was also from Pheonix.  Same spelling.  Wonder if there's any connection.  (Probably lots of Cheathams in AZ who aren't related to each other and this kid would be too young to be Kenny's kid.  Unless Kenny got started pretty young.)

3rd cousin of Kenny

• 1 month later...

Cheatham said he narrow his list down some this summer and beginning of senior year and will take officials early senior year.

"I plan on signing this November my birthday which is November 17 that's pretty much it. If not the same signing period"

Nebraska looking for playmakers

"I like coach Miles (Nebraska) he's a great guy always energetic he seems like oriented just as me. I've seen the arena that is suppose to be built, every thing seems to be good." Cheatham said

"He (Miles) talks to me about being an all around guy. He said they are trying to build a program running gun, play above the rim stuff like that. He loves my athleticism, he loves my passion for the game. He loves it that I bring it night in and night out. He likes a lot about me. I seem to fit into his program." Cheatham said

http://huskerjournal.com/recruiting.php

Cheatham said he narrow his list down some this summer and beginning of senior year and will take officials early senior year.

"I plan on signing this November my birthday which is November 17 that's pretty much it. If not the same signing period"

Nebraska looking for playmakers

"I like coach Miles (Nebraska) he's a great guy always energetic he seems like oriented just as me. I've seen the arena that is suppose to be built, every thing seems to be good." Cheatham said

"He (Miles) talks to me about being an all around guy. He said they are trying to build a program running gun, play above the rim stuff like that. He loves my athleticism, he loves my passion for the game. He loves it that I bring it night in and night out. He likes a lot about me. I seem to I I fit into his program." Cheatham said

http://huskerjournal.com/recruiting.php

I really like the bolded part.  I would love to see Nebrasketball play that high tempo and above the rim offense.