WBB: Game #24 @ Minnesota

Row6Seat10

Theriot didn't score much but she did have 13 assists to make up for it. Really needed Clark to score but it just wasn't happening.

Clark's scoring probably won't happen. What you see is what you are going to get from her. I still say put the ball in her hands at the 1 spot then you will see it increase.

If Clark is our best defensive player at guard then we are in real trouble.  This record tying loss should be a real embarrassment to the team and coaches.  Our upperclassmen shot 19% and we were out rebounded by 22 by a team not known for their rebounding.  Time to play some of the youth at guard especially at the 3 position.  I would rather have a freshman make mistakes and play then a 5th year senior not contributing much.  Also for whatever reason our chemistry is just not good.

Theriot didn't score much but she did have 13 assists to make up for it. Really needed Clark to score but it just wasn't happening.

Clark's scoring probably won't happen. What you see is what you are going to get from her. I still say put the ball in her hands at the 1 spot then you will see it increase.

know what bugs, you are could very well be right. would have to look a little deeper, but, it may be the huskers would have to win out for any chance at ncaa's. so------do you think coach would put clark at 1 and move rachel? i really don't see it happening, though. the way things are, why not give it a shot, imo.

know what bugs, you are could very well be right. would have to look a little deeper, but, it may be the huskers would have to win out for any chance at ncaa's. so------do you think coach would put clark at 1 and move rachel? i really don't see it happening, though. the way things are, why not give it a shot, imo.
I'm just going now what she did against Michigan. She ran point for the most part and had the ball in her hands more than not. And no we the RT has been back Clark has been back to playing Defense. JMO though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No idea what Connie might do to add a little spark to the offense. As said, Connie might not change anything. Just not getting scoring from our guards. RT was 3-16....lots of assists for sure, but the team needs her scoring leadership too.

Seems like we're in a funky place where we can't get a fire lit and keep it going. Shot in the 36% range..always problematic. Their defense wasn't dominating. We got out rebounded....especially early, and their points mounted quickly. Never recovered.

Maddie is certainly back after her absence...looks like she's shooting better than before she was hurt. Might put her in the game earlier?

Minn. had one of those games where everything the starters threw up... went in.  60+% most of game. Haven't seen a much better exhibition of shooting by a B1G team for quite a while. And there were defenders in their faces many times....Banham was just unconscious, hitting 3's, driving, short jumpers, whatever..... and Wagner couldn't hardly miss either.  Minn. has simply gotten better as the season has progressed.  We got them when their hot. Their subs scored well too. Their whole team looked physically strong.....for whatever that's worth. Mich St is like that too.

I agree with "HUD"

If the NCAA tournament is a "no-go" (and it seems to be a no-go) then it seems logical to me that why not "plant your seed corn" now (i.e. let Ms. Simon start).  That way you'd assess where she needs to improve over the summer.  Simon scored 8 points and was 2-4 in 3 pointers (in 14 minutes).  But that's why I'm here and not making $700K+. 

MN shot 55% (FGs)  Huskers shot 36% (FGs).  I haven't watched that much women's basketball, but I think last night...  MN could have competed with UConn.  MN was hitting nothing but net with our girls in their face. They would have at least given OSU and MD a run for their money. 

Did you see the MN coach's short interview at the half?  She basically said that MN's strategy on defense was to guard Shepard & Romeo... that was it... She inferred... We (MN) don't fear anyone else on your team. I'd argue that her statement is telling.  When the enemy doesn't fear you or only fears 40% of your force.  It makes the enemy's job easy.  

I saw a stat last night saying MN played with 5 guards for 23 minutes.  Is that true or did I misunderstand the graphic?  If it is true, I'd say... What the heck!  How can we not make them pay if they have 5 guards on the floor? Maybe I'm wrong. 

I thought we'd win that game (I'm a homer).  I never thought we'd get embarrassed.  My girl played 10 minutes.  My wife and daughters were there.  We could tell Rachel was pissed at taking that beat-down.  If the team wasn't pissed, that would, in my opinion, be a big problem.  I didn't see any quit in our girls.  That's a great sign. 

figured it would be a tough game, but, never thought the huskers would get embarrassed like they did. been there----very frustrating when just about everything the opponent throws up seems to go in. this is just minnesotas year. never ever thought their offense would be this good. 

it appears there is osu, maryland, msu, and minny-------the rest of the big ten is a garbled mess. beginning to think 5 could be the most they will get in the ncaa's. mentioned this before, but, really starting to wonder if the BT WILL only get 4 in.

I agree with "HUD"

If the NCAA tournament is a "no-go" (and it seems to be a no-go) then it seems logical to me that why not "plant your seed corn" now (i.e. let Ms. Simon start).  That way you'd assess where she needs to improve over the summer.  Simon scored 8 points and was 2-4 in 3 pointers (in 14 minutes).  But that's why I'm here and not making $700K+. 

MN shot 55% (FGs)  Huskers shot 36% (FGs).  I haven't watched that much women's basketball, but I think last night...  MN could have competed with UConn.  MN was hitting nothing but net with our girls in their face. They would have at least given OSU and MD a run for their money. 

Did you see the MN coach's short interview at the half?  She basically said that MN's strategy on defense was to guard Shepard & Romeo... that was it... She inferred... We (MN) don't fear anyone else on your team. I'd argue that her statement is telling.  When the enemy doesn't fear you or only fears 40% of your force.  It makes the enemy's job easy.  

I saw a stat last night saying MN played with 5 guards for 23 minutes.  Is that true or did I misunderstand the graphic?  If it is true, I'd say... What the heck!  How can we not make them pay if they have 5 guards on the floor? Maybe I'm wrong. 

I thought we'd win that game (I'm a homer).  I never thought we'd get embarrassed.  My girl played 10 minutes.  My wife and daughters were there.  We could tell Rachel was pissed at taking that beat-down.  If the team wasn't pissed, that would, in my opinion, be a big problem.  I didn't see any quit in our girls.  That's a great sign. 

That really says something in that she didn't feel the need to guard Theriot.

I agree with "HUD"

Five guards in the mens' game is way different than 5 guards in the women's game. 

What's the difference in size, for example, between Rachel and Rachel?  Or Rachel and Maddie Simon?

In the women's game, you can have 6'3" guards running around with 6'2" posts.  The question about position on defense is who can they guard?  If you have an athletic 6'2" guard, is there any reason she can't guard a 6'2" post?  Especially if they're throwing doubles or working to deny the post entry pass?

So, running 5 guards to me doesn't necessarily indicate that they've got a bunch of 5'6" tall girls out there trying to stop your 6'4" center.  The term "guard" as a position label doesn't necessarily mean as much as it probably did in high school.

updated a couple days ago, taking a look at charlie creme's bracketology and seeding: iowa (12), indiana (10), purdue (7), msu (4), maryland (2), osu (2)

iowa listed as one of the last 4 in and rutgers listed as first 4 out.

still no love for minny. wonder how many they would have to win against msu, osu, and maryland?

i really find it hard to believe iowa (who just chalked up another loss---to osu) and indiana are gonna make it (2 games huskers should have won, imo)