Black History Month uniforms

jayschool

I had never heard of Wilbur-at first I thought they were referring to the knuckleballer for the White Sox back in the 70's. Do we have any photos of this Wilbur?

Here you go jimmy, a picture of Wood and the 1909 team in those throw back uniforms.

Wood was the first black player in the history of the Missouri Valley Conference.

Nebraska_1909_team_yearbook_photo_1_t640

These are similar to the old time throwbacks they wore against Northwestern?? last year? Or was that 2 years ago?

We wore these (Scarlet) last year. Don't recall who we played.

The throwbacks worn for the Northwestern game two years ago were the home (Cream) version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXpxIGhzk_A

I'm pretty sure these black history month uniforms are brand new.

These are similar to the old time throwbacks they wore against Northwestern?? last year? Or was that 2 years ago?

The throwbacks worn for the Northwestern game two years ago were the home (Cream) version:

You mean they weren't just dug up from some old gym locker that has been sitting there for decades?

You mean they weren't just dug up from some old gym locker that has been sitting there for decades?

Like 10 decades?! ;)

Going back through game threads from last year I can tell we did alternates in the following games:

"Made In March" alts in the B1G tourney

The 60's alternates (which may be my personal fave of all time) posted above by uneblinstu vs. Iowa

Black roadies @Michigan

and that's it.  I guess, unless I missed it, I was wrong.  This is the first time we've gone with these throwbacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXpxIGhzk_A

Nope, I don't think they were.