RPI

DMVHusker

I'm assuming you're looking at RealTimeRPI?  I'm not sold on that one for the simple reason that they have Colorado ranked #7.  This is a team that is 0-2 in the PAC and has losses at Wyoming and by 36 at Kansas.  There's no way Colorado is anywhere near the top 10 in reality.

I agree with tcp, KenPom is more realistic.  Also, FWIW, in the KenPom rankings we've been moving pretty steadily up in the last couple weeks, I'd imagine that after tonight we may break into the 170's and slip ahead of Penn State.

I'm assuming you're looking at RealTimeRPI?  I'm not sold on that one for the simple reason that they have Colorado ranked #7.  This is a team that is 0-2 in the PAC and has losses at Wyoming and by 36 at Kansas.  There's no way Colorado is anywhere near the top 10 in reality.

I agree with tcp, KenPom is more realistic.  Also, FWIW, in the KenPom rankings we've been moving pretty steadily up in the last couple weeks, I'd imagine that after tonight we may break into the 170's and slip ahead of Penn State.

And with a win even higher than that ;)

Well, yes...

Well, yes...

There's a "but" in there somewhere, right?

50 percent of the RPI is the average winning percentage of your opponents.  This is how the RPI can be manipulated and Tim Miles has been very good at doing this (although I don't think he really did it on purpose this year).  Tulane is 10-3 and they are really helping our RPI quite a bit even though we know they aren't really all that good.   We have played only 2 teams with an RPI above 200 and only 2 teams with a losing record. Our strength of schedule is 20th, and I think while we have played a pretty tough schedule, it has not truly been the 20th toughest.