Serious question.

Would it be, though?

Has he ever recruited - no

Has he dealt strictly with 18 to 22 year olds - no

Has he needed to deal with NCAA rules - no

Has he lead a college program - no

Has he won a world championship - yes

16 hours ago, TimSmiles said:

my preference is to obviously have miles win 25 games this year and get a 10 year extension, 

but if for some reason things go badly Lue would be a dream hire here.

Do you know of any coaches who only ever coached in the NBA until taking a college job and had success there? Just asking 'cause I don't know.

3 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Do you know of any coaches who only ever coached in the NBA until taking a college job and had success there? Just asking 'cause I don't know.

The name people hold up to the light as a shining example of an NBA coach finding success at the college level is Avery Johnson.  But it appears now that he's cheating his balls off at 'Bama so maybe take it with a grain of salt.

Otherwise, I dunno.  I'm sure there's been one or two.

33 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Has he ever recruited - no

Has he dealt strictly with 18 to 22 year olds - no

Has he needed to deal with NCAA rules - no

Has he lead a college program - no

Has he won a world championship - yes * with LeBron James and without Green in game 5 if memory serves correct

I just went through, pretty much, this exact line of questioning in my head before comming back to check this thead. Came with the same answers as you.

Other thoughts -

To me he's a NBA guy. In my biased oppinion they're college guys and NBA guys. And if there is an exception its going the other way.

I don't believe he would want to. Seems like a city guy. Biased opinion as well. I grew up in a small town. Live in Southern California now. I absoultly would not move back to Lincoln. I think hes cut from the same cloth.

How good of a coach is he? I really don't know. Haven't the foggiest idea. Not my expertise.

4 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Serious question.

Would it be, though?

Our chances of getting Bronie Jr. might just go up. Not so sure about Wade that didn't go to well. If he became our head coach I wouldn't be super against it not taking anything with Miles into account. As an assistant I'd be 100% on board high risk maybe but I think we'd end up with a crazy high reward. 98% sure it wouldn't happen though.