uneblinstu's Post Game Chatter: Vol 8, Issue 20 - @ Michigan State

uneblinstu

Just 6 turnovers in East Lansing is incredible

But when you figure true freshmen played 94 minutes and had just 2 turnovers ... got to be some sort of NCAA record. ;) Those would be great numbers for true freshmen in a game in Lincoln against Wayne State. But against #11 MSU in East Lansing? Just wow.

Watson's ability to play as well as he has offensively without turning the ball over is one of the most pleasant surprises of the entire season for me. And I think his defense has picked up the past few games. He was completely lost vs NW, but he seems to be figuring it out on that end now too.

One was a weird double-dribble from Glynn. Don't recall the other, maybe a travel down low...

Another weird call was Benny being called for palming 40 feet from the hoop. Pretty sure the rule is to keep players from gaining an advantage (Benny palms because his hands are so small...). ;)

The other freshman turnover was a fumbled pass by Morrow under the basket

Thanks, Mich; I knew it was something simple like that. How was the game atmosphere there at Breslin last night?!?

But when you figure true freshmen played 94 minutes and had just 2 turnovers ... got to be some sort of NCAA record. ;) Those would be great numbers for true freshmen in a game in Lincoln against Wayne State. But against #11 MSU in East Lansing? Just wow.

Watson's ability to play as well as he has offensively without turning the ball over is one of the most pleasant surprises of the entire season for me. And I think his defense has picked up the past few games. He was completely lost vs NW, but he seems to be figuring it out on that end now too.

One was a weird double-dribble from Glynn. Don't recall the other, maybe a travel down low...

Another weird call was Benny being called for palming 40 feet from the hoop. Pretty sure the rule is to keep players from gaining an advantage (Benny palms because his hands are so small...). ;)

Thanks, Mich; I knew it was something simple like that. How was the game atmosphere there at Breslin last night?!?

It was decent, but not great. Wasn't too loud except for the clock timeout and the off balance 3. Other than that I wasn't overly impressed. Now if it was a Saturday game or something it might have been better.

It was decent, but not great. Wasn't too loud except for the clock timeout and the off balance 3. Other than that I wasn't overly impressed. Now if it was a Saturday game or something it might have been better.

Saturday games mean more drinking time!

Saturday games mean more drinking time!

speaking of which>>>>http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/14612038/beer-wine-sold-general-seating-college-world-series

I'm betting this comes up again this year for the arena.

Okay, lots to get caught up on this morning, but I just want to put this here.

I legitimately like and respect Tom Izzo, the MSU team and the class and integrity with which their program is run.  That is the model by which I hope Nebraska emulates with its own hoops program.  Denzel Valentine is an amazing talent.  I hope the Spartans go on and win all of the rest of their games (unless they're playing us), especially this Saturday against Maryland.

And I would honestly feel this way had we won OR lost last night.  I had so much fun watching that game, I couldn't sleep and stayed up and watched the replay on BTN at 1am.

Double This! thumbsup.gif    (and raise ya one ;))

Wisconsin is another 'classy' program.  I like all their players (and hope we beat them too :))

One last note on the game:

Opposing teams hitting 3's can be major momentum changers, especially when we are on the road and when we have such a young team. But last night, we survived ELEVEN made threes on us. That really shows me a lot about this team and these young guys. They just haven't been rattled in these last 4 games or so. All that will be very valuable against Michigan as they very well could hit a bunch of 3s on us too

One last note on the game:

Opposing teams hitting 3's can be major momentum changers, especially when we are on the road and when we have such a young team. But last night, we survived ELEVEN made threes on us. That really shows me a lot about this team and these young guys. They just haven't been rattled in these last 4 games or so. All that will be very valuable against Michigan as they very well could hit a bunch of 3s on us too

It also would be really easy on the offensive end to fire away from long range. We seemed to try to love the rim last night.

Maybe I don't see enough of what everyone else is doing but I think that Nebraska has some of the most viral social media stuff out there. A lot of top notch work.

It's probably because we pay the closest attention to them, but I agree.  The NU social media stuff is on point.

And so is this:

Maybe I don't see enough of what everyone else is doing but I think that Nebraska has some of the most viral social media stuff out there. A lot of top notch work.

It's probably because we pay the closest attention to them, but I agree.  The NU social media stuff is on point.

And so is this:

That was outstanding, J-Mitch.