Aram Martin

bball23

Washnut reporting on twitter that Aram Martin is the next in line that NU is looking at. 6'9, 180 lbs. Little thin. His list of teams looking at him not overly impressive yet, but have heard he has a lot of upside and more offers may come.

He also tweeted that Martin is hoping NU makes an offer and to make an official visit.

Washnut reporting on twitter that Aram Martin is the next in line that NU is looking at. 6'9, 180 lbs. Little thin. His list of teams looking at him not overly impressive yet, but have heard he has a lot of upside and more offers may come.

He also tweeted that Martin is hoping NU makes an offer and to make an official visit.

That's really thin, hope he can bulk up quick. I would think he would defiantly be a redshirt candidate. I'm also assuming this is a 2013 recruit?

From his bio on his prep school team's web page:

Current Offers and/or Interest: USF, Brown, Yale, Cornell, Drexel, App. State, Winthrop, Furman, Missouri State, Dartmouth, Boston University, Chattanooga, Marist, Niagara.

Birth date: April 15, 1994

Parents Names: Nathaniel & Wanda Purifoy

Hobbies & Interests: Learning, aspiring theorist and neurologist. I play the guitar as well."

Here is what Robin Washut is reporting but this kid sure don't look very impressive with his size or schools that have offered him.

Robin Washut@RobinWashut

#Nebrasketball is showing heavy interest in 2013 PF Aram Martin of The Miller School in Virginia. Hoping to set up official visit this month

Robin Washut@RobinWashut

Martin tells me NU coaches will see him play next week, where he's hoping for an offer and to schedule an official http://ow.ly/eYXLz

I know we all get caught up in measurables, but the kid looks pretty athletic. Add some muscle and who knows? As far as the schools that are offering....there are a lot of great academic institutions listed. Must be a smart kid, which is a positive in my book. Another positive would be him hoping for an offer from us and Miles wants guys who want to be here. Sounds like it is a matter of the coaches watching him in person and determining whether he warrants an offer or not.

Henson was 6'11 though and had one of the longest wingspans in college basketball. Henson could afford to be skinny and still play inside because of how long he was. I'm not sure Aram have the length to be effective like Henson.

Im basing it on seeing John Henson play in HS a couple times and the video from above. Henson really isnt 6'11'' as I am 6'7'' and he didnt have 4 inches on me when I stood next to him in 2008-09. He was a stick and half but he definitely bulked up over the years at UNC. Im definitely not saying this kid will play even a quarter as good but at the same age the body types are close to it.

• 1 month later...

Vucetic is going to have to get a lot better to get much more playing time next year than he's getting this year. Not saying he can't get it done, but he will have to get better in order to play. That's already established. If he brought more to the table than Rivers, he'd be playing right now, and he's not. Position is irrelevant. It's what you bring to the table when you're in there. And if Miles would rather go small than go Vucetic, that tells you something.

As far as waiting a year if he doesn't see the floor next year, that's kind of a gamble for the kid. IMHO, if he's not real confident that he can elevate his game substantially and start seeing the floor next year, then the time to transfer is at the end of this year where he'd have 3 years to play after a redshirt season sitting out as a transfer. Frankly, I think the kid probably needs to redshirt next year either here or somewhere else. He just won't have time to develop and see significant playing time in 4 years. But the question is whether Miles thinks there will be enough upside to justify tying up that scholarship spot for 5 seasons.

My guess is that Miles will make an honest assessment of where Sergej stands and will explain to him at the end of this season what he would need to do to ever see the floor here. At season's end, it might be mutually beneficial to just shake hands and part ways.

No, Kamdy, gotta disagree. Look at the first vid that Smiles posted. Lots more going on there. Not saying he's the next great center, but he's got more game than Vucetic from all I can tell.

that video is better. To be fair I started at the bottom of the 4 and worked up and stopped after 2 videos of seeing lackluster play. I still dont know as he is head and shoulder taller than his opponents which works in high school but in college half of his baskets wouldnt have ever happened from that video. He shows more athleticism than Vucetic but he also is giving up 3 inches to Vuc. I think if it came down to martin and Atewe Im going Atewe due to actual size of frame and higher upside.