Charlie Creme bracketology...

whoopdeedoo

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Update: Charlie Creme has Nebraska out of the bracket, being the second of the first four out. He also has Michigan as 9 seed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

michigan has lost 3 of the last 4------next: @ minnesota and home against Maryland. not sure it sounds real good for michigan's Hailey Brown. i would guess she is out for AT LEAST the minnesota game. Barnes-Arico stated Brown would be evaluated in the next couple of days. just a guess, but, if they need to wait, must need some swelling to go down in that knee? (appeared to grab knee---at quick glance). michigan is pulling another 2017 where they lost 4 of their last 5 (only win to nebraska). i would bet michigan is going to end up with a record of losing 5 of their last 6 in the conference. if committee gives them same look as last season, that would mean "dead in the water" as far as ncaa tourney. plus, that would most likely put michigan around 6th in the conference they would probably be in a position where they will need 4 wins in a row to win the BTT and get auto bid. 

i guess it's like jeff stated during the wisconsin game---rpi is not going to get nebraska in [ncaa tourney], winning will get nebraska in.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

i just finished reading another comment on Brown. appears Thome fell and rolled up on her leg. it also stated Brown had a bag of ice on her one ankle on the bench-----------so, appears to be an ankle injury. that is a little better news. hate to have anyone go through that knee crap.
I seen she had ice on her leg, couldn't tell what was being iced.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Husker Ladies have not been getting much respect All Season! (Admittedly they had some early losses, but they are Not the same team as at the beginning of the season. My take is that the early difficulties were integral to their growth into the Force in the B1G they have become Today!)

Husker Ladies (21-9) (11-5) (1-0), Sagarin ranking: #51 47 (@ 3/3/18) (#167 @ 4/2/17)
We improved all of Four Places in Sagarin after dominating #20 Michigan, while they fell Two Places :eek:)

Sagarin Rankings as of 3/3/18:
upload_2018-3-3_11-51-41.png

Let's See: We are still well behind teams we have defeated: @ #32 Minnesota, @ #43 Rutgers, #30 Iowa (Twice), @ #35 Michigan State and scaring the pants off #22 Michigan, only to be saved by the Refs in our first game @ PBA.
Guess We'll have to Beat #14 Maryland Too!!!
Maybe we'll jump another Four Spots!

What in the world Is The Matter with Sagarin :Confused:

Creme has South Dakota State getting in even if they lose the Summit League Championship today.  I believe that game is at 1 today.  If SDSU wins, I doubt USD gets in.  The Yotes have won both times they played the Jackrabbits this season and the Yotes went undefeated in conference play, but something tells me those pesky Jackrabbits will have their number today.  For Nebraska, it's probably better to have SDSU win (because then only 1 team from the Summit League makes it in), but I cannot bring myself to cheer for SDSU.  Just. Can't. Do. It.

a little shout out for my home state, wbb is alive and well: (granted, doesn't hurt the 2 sd schools made finals?)

Summit League Tourney 

Women's tournament attendance up nearly 6,000 from last year.

Quarters 1: 8,944
Quarters 2: 2,982
Semifinals: 6,424
Finals: 8,704
Total: 27,054

2017 total attendance was 21,092.