Glynn

Huskerpapa

Groce shoulda recruited a top 100 player in his own back yard a lot more urgently than Miles should have been trying to land Deverell Biggs version 2.0. If Miles is getting shit for not going after Tra-Deon Hollins, I can only imagine the kind of grief Groce would be getting for passing over Glynn Watson. But thank goodness he did, right?

Well... I checked in on the dumpster fire that is the Illinois board.

1.  They don't give us much credit at all.  We are still earning that respect as a team that is not just a cakewalk.  They are more or less saying that losses to us should NEVER happen.  

2.  Most feel that it was ok that they passed on Ed.  I am ok with that.  They can have whoever else they took instead of him.

3.  Most everyone agrees that Glynn was a huge miss for them.  They can all see that he is and will be a special player in the years to come.

1.  They don't give us much credit at all.  We are still earning that respect as a team that is not just a cakewalk.  They are more or less saying that losses to us should NEVER happen.  

2.  Most feel that it was ok that they passed on Ed.  I am ok with that.  They can have whoever else they took instead of him.

3.  Most everyone agrees that Glynn was a huge miss for them.  They can all see that he is and will be a special player in the years to come.

Isaiah Roby may be another one!  :)

Isaiah Roby may be another one!  :)

We can hope...wait a minute, I don't think it is a hope.  Roby WILL be a good one.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, hal9000 said:

Does it sound too sappy to say that I hope we make it to the tourney and win game*S*, more so for the sake of Glynn and the rest, than for my own wishes?

Not at all - I'm right there with you.  They're the ones who deserve it anyway, they've done all the work.  We're just the fans cheering them on.

32 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

I mean, we the fans have skin in the game, too.

Absolutely. Our tickets, our donations, our time, our efforts in turning out game after game, even when things weren’t so good. I’ve probably attended more practices over the years than a player would in a season. And what I missed in film sessions, I made up for in posting videos of various games, practices, drills, recruits, etc.

I hope they win GAMES in the tourney this season, but I’m hoping so as much for me as for anyone else.  (I’ll be happy for Glynn’s sake too.)

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:09 AM, 49r said:

I like how Glynn said "make the tournament, win games" plural, with an 'S' in this one! ?

Kudos to Glynn, he could have transferred at any time like the rest of his recruiting class but ended up sticking it out and will get rewarded for doing so.  I think he has a big year ahead of him.