10yr season ticket holder. Time to give up?

It gets harder but it was an activity that my boys and I could enjoy together. Had only 2 some years so they took turns, then I got 4 so they could all come. Now I have 6.

It is just something we made time for each year. Lucky that most games didn't interfere with games and recitiles, ect. My middle son started paying for his own ticket by mowing lawns when he was 12 or 13. So he has been a season ticket holder for 12 or so years.

For me it is because my mom started taking me when I was 4. This is my 50th years of going to at least 2 games a year. And started being a season ticket holder in 1988.

Been a season ticket holder of some sort since the 77-78 season. So you can say I have seen it all. (Except an NCAA tourney win) The last few years have missed some games here and there since my kids started playing high school sports. It's an easy drive for us from our home in northeast Lincoln. I plan on to keep going.

Been going since I was a little kid with my dad.  Have now had season tickets for about 13 years.  Drive from Omaha for every game.  Have had to miss a few recently with coaching.

Now take my son as well (2nd year season ticket holder).  I just love going.  I won't ever give up on NU.  Plus, WHEN we turn it around, it will be oh so sweet.  Two years ago when we had that great run, was some of the most fun games I have been too.  

I do remember some great games during the Nee era.  The Jamar Johnson 3 vs KU is still one of my all time favorite games.

Kids are getting older and are involved in more activities. Money is getting tighter. And this program is still stuck. Anyone else feel this way.

An emphatic no.

First game listened to with Dave Blackwell calling the game:  1965.  First game attended:  1967.  Season ticket holder since '78-79.  Every stage of life from little kid, to drunk and stupid college kid, to courting a basketball fan, to married, to babies, to kids, to teens, to college students.  Always found a way keep attending the games, and despite the results most years, enjoyed the hell out of it.

As an aside, I believe the cost of going to the games (if one doesn't buy overpriced lousy concessions) is less, inflation adjusted, than it was for the last decade at Devaney.  Required donation for decent seats is less, and ticket prices have remained steady.

If one is a hoops fan and remains in Lincoln for the winter, this is still it.  And now the Railyard area right by the arena adds to the experience.  On the other hand, I do understand the allure of the lounge chair for my friends like Jimmy, since most of games are now on TV  

Only 10 years? Financially, I would have to be in a deep hole before I would give up the tickets. Once you're invested in something like Nebrasketball and you're a true fan-you don't just give up. You'll be kicking yourself once we are good and you gave up your season tickets. The best part about where we are at right now is that everything has to come to a head, one way or another, in 4-5 years or less. What I mean is we no longer are leaning on blind hope like we did in the Barry/Doc years. The talent (rated talent) has been recruited and landed. Either Miles and staff know how to coach the talent into something or they don't. We will find out soon.

Has to be an individual decision depending on how many games you can make, whether you have family members who enjoy going to the games with you, how happy you are with your present seats, and how you wish to spend your disposable income. No one can decide this but you. You can certainly still be a loyal fan and watch the team on tv. For myself, the late starting times plus the inconvenience of getting there and the cost of tickets in the new arena made it a wise choice to let the season tickets go to someone else.

Been a season ticket holder for too many years.

Recently it has become a poor value.  Too many unattractive non-conference games that you can't give away let alone sell.

Too many late start times. 8pm games are a bore.

Too easy to watch on tv and save a ton of money not making donations.

Who wants frost bite walking over the railroad bridge from the parking lot to the arena?

Recently it has become a poor value.  Too many unattractive non-conference games that you can't give away let alone sell.

Who wants frost bite walking over the railroad bridge from the parking lot to the arena?

Waahhhh.

You care about the team enough to have an account and post on this message board.

I've been a season ticket holder through all the Collier and Sadlers years and now way in the world would I give up my tickets now.  I'd rather have you give them up so people can buy them who can and want to come to the games rather than you keeping them and it's just 2 empty seats during the season.  Your call.

Recently it has become a poor value. Too many unattractive non-conference games that you can't give away let alone sell.

Let me guess, you leave at the 8 minute mark.

Recently it has become a poor value. Too many unattractive non-conference games that you can't give away let alone sell.

Me?

How can anyone answer that for you? If you only bought tickets thinking that NU would turn into a Big Ten/national power...then yes, maybe you should give them up. I don't get to go to as many games as I would like or as many games as I attended in the past but even when we are bad the environment for the good games and the Haymarket is fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to know where to park.