PF Elijah Thomas - TAMU Transfer

hhcmatt

Here is an article on him.  And here are some blurbs from the article:

Thomas, who was the most highly rated recruit in the 2015 class, has seen very limited minutes in the first eight games due to all of his setbacks so early. But the setbacks weren't the only reason for Thomas' limited minutes.
After missing five weeks of practice and the emergence of Tyler Davis and Tonny Trocha-Morelos in the post, Thomas found himself deeper on the bench than anyone would have guessed in the preseason.

The Lancaster product didn't mature on the court as quickly as the coaches or he would have liked. In my opinion, his skill level and talent are ready for this level, but his preparation and mental adjustments aren't.

Thomas is the type of talent that has the potential to play at the next level. His ability to score the basketball in a multitude of ways, combined with his athleticism, is something the A&M fan base has not seen in a maroon and white jersey in a long time.

Just hypothetically, he'd have to sit out a year. As a mid-year transfer, he'd then be eligible on Saturday, December 17, 2015 after we hold our commencement exercises for the fall semester. Amiright?

i believe you're correct on this. Would love to add him for conference season next year. Love my shot, yea, but we can all dream.