Rhode Island (6-3) vs. Nebraska (6-4) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Fitting that Benny/Watson each came up with a clutch shot at the end. Team win, and Shields went beastmode. Tireless. Great win against a quality opponent.

May not show up in the stat line but Fuller came up with some big minutes. Jacobsons progression after his injury will be very interesting. Like what I saw out of him today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitting that Benny/Watson each came up with a clutch shot at the end. Team win, and Shields went beastmode. Tireless. Great win against a quality opponent.

May not show up in the stat line but Fuller came up with some big minutes. Jacobsons progression after his injury will be very interesting. Like what I saw out of him today.

Spot on 13

I don't think most fans realize how huge this win was. That, my friends, was a GOOD URI team out there. Way better than Creighton. Man, I'm pumped about this win!!!

They are really athletic. Would be a scary team with a healthy EC Matthews. Should still win quite a few A 10 games. We needed this one bad

Miles may have found something, Benny and Watson when we need to turn up the D pressure.  A lot of minutes for Jacobson in this game and he played pretty good too.  Didn't see Morrow play today (2nd half anyway), I hope he's a'right.  Good win, gets the bad taste out the mouth from the previous game. 

Glynn has grown up this game

No his shots fell this game. The kid needs to be in the game for our offense. The lack of first half minutes for him pissed me off. I'm happy with the win, and hopefully Miles finally figures out Watson needs to be in the game during clutch time. Fingers crossed

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Love television producers' depictions of Lincoln. Halftime shot of cattle wandering in a lonely field.

Hack announcer: "Here at the Pinnacle Bank Arena, it's halftime . . . ."

And you wonder why recruits who actually make it to Lincoln invariably say, "I thought it was just going to be cows and cornfields."

The game was on ESPN3 so essentially no recruits would be watching anyway :)

Miles may have found something, Benny and Watson when we need to turn up the D pressure.  A lot of minutes for Jacobson in this game and he played pretty good too.  Didn't see Morrow play today (2nd half anyway), I hope he's a'right.  Good win, gets the bad taste out the mouth from the previous game. 

I like Watson but Tai is a much better defender right now.

The question that needs to be answered is how in the heck did we come back with Benny and Glynn on the floor at the same time?  I have heard all year that those two can't play together.   ;)

Their defensive intensity is what got us back in the game.  

This win is big for so many reasons.  This would have been the type of loss that could have cost us the "casual" fan that may not know how good of a team Rhode Island is.  It could have hurt the mental stage of our team badly!  It also was a big win from the standpoint that anytime we seemed to make a run Rhode Island would make a HUGE shot.  For our guys to stay mentally tough and find a way to win this game was big.  

Had NU dropped this game a lot of fans would have been saying "same ol' NU basketball team"  Now, one win doesn't mean anything if you can't string together some more wins.  But a loss here would have hurt so badly for the team and fans.  

And the nice thing is we now have 4 more home games in a row to hopefully build some momentum on.

Hear! Hear! 23, And This, from another thread.

We can certainly beat them if the right team shows up.  Let's hope that happens.  We need the fans to show up and get into the game.

Unfortunately, it appears that there is little fan excitement for the game. I like to track market values of tickets on StubHub because it usually has a correlation to attendance and atmosphere at a game. There are many good seats for the Rhode Island game available for the lowest price that StubHub allows of $6 - not a good sign for a weekend game.

I am guessing that our average fan sees the name "Rhode Island" and does not realize that they are actually a decent team.

I guess a lot of fans don't recall the heart-breaking loss at Rhode Island last year, and (at least in my mind) the start of our slide with the team losing confidence in itself.