2018 Isaiah Chandler - Wichita St

Chuck Taylor

9 hours ago, cozrulz said:

Whatever.  Keep trying to recruit out of state guys.  The best teams in Nebraska history were with Nebraska guys.

Arguably you are correct.  Many would say our best team was the 95-96 NIT Championship team.  We had a number of good players such as Garner, Hamilton, Lue, Moore & Boone, but we also had a group of Nebraskans on that team; Strickland, Glock, Ideus, Markowski & Badgett.  Bottom line, the team had a significant number of talented players. Shoot, three of them played a number of years in the NBA, and a fourth, Hamilton, could have/should have.

My follow up question is, how many current native Nebraskans are on NBA rosters?  Patton likely will be next year.  If we miss on players that are native Nebraskans that have NBA talent, then shame on our coaching staff.

Edited by huskercwg

48 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Arguably you are correct.  Many would say our best team was the 95-96 NIT Championship team.  We had a number of good players such as Garner, Hamilton, Lue, Moore & Boone, but we also had a group of Nebraskans on that team; Strickland, Glock, Ideus, Markowski & Badgett.  Bottom line, the team had a significant number of talented players. Shoot, three of them played a number of years in the NBA, and a fourth, Hamilton, could have/should have.

My follow up question is, how many current native Nebraskans are on NBA rosters?  Patton likely will be next year.  If we miss on players that are native Nebraskans that have NBA talent, then shame on our coaching staff.

Yeah... to go along with this, probably the biggest recruiting "UGH" out of Nebraska Highschool the past 5 years has been the miss on Agau.  5 years ago if I would have told you Mike Daum had a better chance at the NBA than Agau, you would have thought I was a troll.  

So to go along with 49r, even the "best" in-state prospects don't work out sometimes.  Sometimes it's a blessing in disguise.  Not saying we shouldn't of recruited Agau either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2017 at 2:43 PM, NebrasketballJake said:

Chatter that I have heard is that Wichita State is a likely landing spot for Mr. Chandler. They are also recruiting his high school PG Roman Behrens. 

The chatter was correct. Chandler to Wichita, a popular top 10 preseason pick.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19443560/arizona-rises-top-college-basketball-way-too-early-top-25

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2017 Isaiah Chandler - Wichita St
  • hhcmatt changed the title to 2018 Isaiah Chandler - Wichita St