WBB: Game #9 @ California

Row6Seat10

“We wanted to help them get Darrien (Washington) and Natalie (Romeo) home, and it’ll be a good game for us to go out there (Nebraska) next year. I’m always thinking about scheduling nonconference based on the experience the girls will get. We wanted them at home first, but I think going out there (Nebraska) to a huge crowd next year will be a great experience for us.

I've been thinking about this quote from Gottlieb. She knows that had they came to Lincoln first, the probability that they would have went home with a loss was very likely. She wanted us there first because the "home court advantage" gave her a better chance to beat us with Rachel T. and she knows next year when they come here they won't have to deal with Rachel. Plus her young players will have gained a year of experience. 

Lets hope we give Cal a 'HUGE CROWD' impression like we gave Creighton (I don't think they get much of that at home in California :P)

Looked like towards the end of the game Natalie rolled her ankle. But being the tough kid that she is, that never stopped her from coming off the court. Let's hope it's not too serious and she's in the training room getting treatment on it all this week. God knows we got to have her out there!

I wonder if it wasn't one of those type of things were you land wrong and it hit like you broke it but as you go along the pain goes away and little to no swelling.

With Cal's size a 1-3-1 trapping zone had to be hard for the Huskers to handle.  6'2 wings would make it tough for Romeo and

Clark to pass around and through...and it seems even Theriot had difficulty.  Not a bad loss, if there is such a thing and some road experience was needed. 

We're 7-2 and will more than likely end up about 9-2 before B1G starts...which is approximately where many thought we might be.

.....then the fun begins with Iowa....then we'll be 10-2   ;)

We've already come a long way, but have a few more steps to improve in the next 2 games. 

By the way...Havers has really moved up to the next level...and she did it big time against a quality opponent. She just looks like she's gotten stronger, and really understands what needs to be done.

Her mobility for her size is pretty darn good. Her 6-5 is akin to a 6-10 - 6-11  guy.

northern arizona appears to be another one of those games where everyone should get involved. if huskers shoot the ball fairly well, could see another win by a very large spread. sorry northern arizona, no disrespect. it is what it is. northern arizona does not bring much height.

arkansas state could be a different story. the two games they lost came by a total of 5 points---UT Chattanooga 55-54, and Florida 76-72. Florida should ring a bell with husker fans (hint: SGM). ark st may provide one final good test before the regular season begins. btw, ark st sits at #51 in the sagarin ratings---#64 in ncaa DI rpi. 

Cal was a tough loss. Didn't see... Had to listen. Would have liked to see the fouls.

43's early fouls hurt. She turned an ankle early Saturday... Had some swelling. Wrapped it up and played. She was very upset at herself for missing a "bunny."

Well it looked like ref's let em play one end at not the other. but that is just me. You cant tell me that a 6'4" player can be over the back that bad on a 6'3" player it just doesn't work that way.