Next Six Games

Fastbreaker

In going along with the similar thread on the men's board, how do you all think the ladies will do in their next six games.

UConn in Hartford

North Carolina State in Lincoln

Creighton in Lincoln

Evansville in Lincoln

Cal in Berkley

Northern Arizona in Lincoln

My guess is 4-2 with a chance at 5-1, but also a possibility of 3-3.  

UConn we know is a L, NC State should be hard fought but a W, Creighton a W, Cal we will give them a run for their money but I don't think we can pull it out and Northern Arizona a win.

So we should be 9-2 when we greet Iowa on New Years Eve

I think 5-1 with a loss to UConn and hope it stay with in 40. That is what the mild cats to the south got beat by and OSU was a 50 point loss.

Kind of have to agree. 5-1.  Isn't NCSt supposed to be in a rebuilding year? Not that we aren't...but.. And Cal will be a test.

If our defense shows up, and we hit at least 40% 3's ......I think we'll be much better than a 40 pt spread at UConn...maybe 25 -30

If we can come out of this stretch at 6-1 then maybe we are pretty good.

The thing that seems to be kind of an unknown is are we pretty good? ...or...are the opponents so far just not good at all ?

#39 rated...he** no !

Only preseason loss to UCON.  A moral victory would be to stay within 20.  But when Connie Yori was asked if she and the players thought they could win she said that if a player here didn't think they could win going into a game they shouldn't be here irregardless of who they are playing.  Don't under estimate Yori in motivating her team.  I said it several months ago and still feel the same.  NU will be the biggest surprise team (positive) in the conference.

agree with Fastbreaker---i would guess 4-2. redsteve stated the "unknown"---"are we pretty good?...or...are the opponents so far just not good at all?" i would say it's a mix---huskers are good, but, no doubt, weak opponents so far. 

with UConn, just play the game and move on. i hope they can make a better showing than OSU. NC State should be interesting test at PBA---Creighton should too. think it's good the huskers are playing at home. may have posted this earlier, but, watched a couple of Cal games last season. very athletic team---in fact, probably top 5 athletic teams in the country (yes, i know, last year). think they did lose two starters to graduation, and, also think one got kicked off. not sure what they have for replacements, but, imagine that is going to be a tough road game. don't think Evansville and No Ariz will be blowouts, but, should win.

i say huskers go without a road win in the OOC schedule.

So HB you are saying that we aren't much better then K-State who lost to UCON by 40 but only beat Southern by 12 who we beat by 51?

We'll just see how it plays out.  At this point, I don't think we're ready for the likes of UConn.  It's easy to be ebullient when a team hasn't played anyone yet.  And UConn blows out about everybody by margins much more than 18.    Hope your prediction is closer than mine, but it's just my best guess at this point.