Ohio State Game Thread: Hang on to your hopes, my friend....

cipsucks

Where has Sergej been all season!?!?!?

On the end of the bench next to the guy who hands out towels.

whom coincidentally they showed during the game for reasons I dont know.  Had the sound off here at work.

Yes they said he was on the scout team and his role was to mimic Lenzelle Smith in practice. Said he took a beating throughout practice. Poor guy

Don't know if he can do it, but if Sergej can add about 50 pounds of muscle between now and next season, he might get hisself some minutes.  Not sure Max Muscle has a protein shake that would get him there, though.

Obviously you're joking but the guys weighs as much as Brandon right now.  About 10-15 lbs of muscle would be just about right.

This why we/I can't get to high or too low about this season.

There will be many nights like this, but it will be fun that one night where the planets all line up and we some how get to rush the court with the big upset we always seem to pull off each year. :)

Also didn't mean to give you a negative BJoe.  Sorry man

Don't know if he can do it, but if Sergej can add about 50 pounds of muscle between now and next season, he might get hisself some minutes.  Not sure Max Muscle has a protein shake that would get him there, though.

Obviously you're joking but the guys weighs as much as Brandon right now.  About 10-15 lbs of muscle would be just about right.

Well, I guess first of all, I know how they are listed at about the same weight, but looking at them, I just don't buy it.  Brandon is a husky dude.  He's gotta weigh more.

Second, Vooch is listed at 235# and he's 7'1".  Aleks Maric was listed at 6'11" and 275#.  So, Vooch has 40 pounds to go to get to the weight that Aleks played at and he's 2 inches taller than Aleks.

But, hey, if he can do what David Rivers did and add 20# of muscle between now and next fall, I'll take it.  Get him to 255# and he might be stout enough to bang a bit.  That's just 5 pounds of lean muscle per extremity.  For a guy his size, that should be doable.

The other factor, in addition to the weight, though, is strength.  He HAS to get stronger.  He just has to.  Weighing more isn't enough.  He needs to be able to push with his upper body and also the lower body.  Gotta get stronger and more explosive.   And mean!  Hopefully.

Get him to 255# and he should have enough beef to at least not get banged around too much.  Bottom line -- he will NOT be effective at his present weight.  He has to get stronger and in order to get stronger he has to add muscle.  Any kind of weight would be helpful but muscle weight would be especially helpful.  And I don't think 20 more pounds is too much to ask.  Heck, I gained that much from Halloween to Christmas.  (OK, not muscle, exactly, but in a loose sweatshirt, who could tell?)

The unfortunate thing is, based on the way the first B1G game was officiated, Andre was not being penalized for his size like he has in the non-conference, the officials were letting them play, which would have opened up lot of opportunities for a physical post player.

If Vucetic has to step in for Almeida, even partially, that physical style would actually be to his detriment. 

If we're going to let a guy develop, might as well be Sergej and give him the minutes.  I don't see Jordan Tyrance being in the long-term plans at guard.  So, as opposed to a walk-on, I guess get Sergej the ball and let him get a little beat up.  Just give him one of those body armor things so that he doesn't take a bunch of kidney shots.  Otherwise, let the kid get some experience.  No point saving him; he's already burned his redshirt.