GAME ONE

AuroranHusker

I don't remember exactly the distinction but there was some rule about who could play in an exhibition game and still preserve their redshirts.

I am pretty sure that anyone not eligible for the season due to transfer rules is similarly not eligible to participate in the exhibition game.  I think any freshman could play and still redshirt. 

Was it juco transfers who couldn't play the exhibition and still redshirt?

I can't recall.  In any event, I don't think we have any guys tonight who would sit out in order to preserve a redshirt, because all the newcomers are either freshmen or a guy who has to sit out no matter what.

I don't remember exactly the distinction but there was some rule about who could play in an exhibition game and still preserve their redshirts.

I am pretty sure that anyone not eligible for the season due to transfer rules is similarly not eligible to participate in the exhibition game.  I think any freshman could play and still redshirt. 

Was it juco transfers who couldn't play the exhibition and still redshirt?

I can't recall.  In any event, I don't think we have any guys tonight who would sit out in order to preserve a redshirt, because all the newcomers are either freshmen or a guy who has to sit out no matter what.

True freshmen can play in the exhibition (and still redshirt), as can JUCO transfers red-shirting. School transfers within Division I can not do both... Do, or do not; there is no try. ;)