2017 PF/C Logan Strom -> UC-Davis

I'm far from a talent scout but idk why we would offer him. He's only 6'7 so I don't see him as Jordys back up and I don't think he is good enough to take PT away from Morrow, Horne, or Jacobson who all will have 2-3 years of eligibility left by the time Strom is in college.

That being said, in a world where everyone wants to play right away and be a star I do think in state players are more likely to redshirt and develop compared to out of state 4 star recruits. Which is important bc next year our rotation will basically be the same aside from Tai's gaurd minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like us to offer him. He's another Jacobson. I've been pretty damned happy with Jacobson. Very similar body types/skillsets.

Not the same players at all. Jacobson is a much better athlete and much more willing to bang around.

I liken Strom to a young Andrew Drevo.

I agree with this, he must have made some big strides this summer. Great for him, hope he picks UNO so I can go watch him in action.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/3/2016 at 9:41 PM, khoock said:

I'm far from a talent scout but idk why we would offer him. He's only 6'7 so I don't see him as Jordys back up and I don't think he is good enough to take PT away from Morrow, Horne, or Jacobson who all will have 2-3 years of eligibility left by the time Strom is in college.

Man... I never disagreed with you when you responded about this. And now all three of those guys are gone, haha. 

• 2 years later...

Very odd career path thus far for Strom, who apparently now is transferring to Weber State for football.  He has now redshirted at two different schools in basketball, and will be trying his hand at football without ever playing a minute of collegiate basketball.

This only came up on my radar because I now live in Ogden, UT, which is the home of Weber State. I saw in the newspaper that he was trasferring here and I thought "hey, I know that name..."

3 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

Very odd career path thus far for Strom, who apparently now is transferring to Weber State for football.  He has now redshirted at two different schools in basketball, and will be trying his hand at football without ever playing a minute of collegiate basketball.

This only came up on my radar because I now live in Ogden, UT, which is the home of Weber State. I saw in the newspaper that he was trasferring here and I thought "hey, I know that name..."

I hope he has things worked out now and can focus on school. He actually has an incredibly high ceiling in football but just did not have the mindset and liked hoops a lot more. Rumor was Pelini wanted to offer him as a frosh after one of their camps.