2017 PG Parker Stewart -> Pitt -> UT Martin -> Indiana

trickey

33 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Here it is

LSU looks like they don't have any schollies ATM. That could be inaccurate/change

It'd be pretty surprising if Ole Miss allowed him to sign with another SEC school.  A lot of these late releases are granted with restrictions on in-conference opponents.  Of course Ole Miss could actually put the kid's education first and...LOL, never mind.  That thought's so outlandish that I can't even finish the sentence.

While I agree that Miles needs to win this season to feel safe, more isn't always better.  I believe that we could win if everyone we have now stays healthy.  You want to make sure it's the right addition for the right reasons.  If not, then you continue to have transfers.

2 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

A morbid thought, but if Miles were to get fired after next year, we'd lose two to graduation and likely have at least a couple of transfers. Going short on scholarships this year means the new coach would inherit a really short roster. 

But would allow that coach to bring in his guys quicker.

16 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

It'd be pretty surprising if Ole Miss allowed him to sign with another SEC school.  A lot of these late releases are granted with restrictions on in-conference opponents.  Of course Ole Miss could actually put the kid's education first and...LOL, never mind.  That thought's so outlandish that I can't even finish the sentence.

One of those recruiting sites lists him as being warm on LSU, cool on Ole Miss and no interest for all those other schools who were recruiting him, including us.  I assume that's recent info since he had a signed LOI w/ Ole Miss.

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

One of those recruiting sites lists him as being warm on LSU, cool on Ole Miss and no interest for all those other schools who were recruiting him, including us.  I assume that's recent info since he had a signed LOI w/ Ole Miss.

Well technically he can go to LSU without being released from his LOI, he would just not be allowed to receive an athletic scholarship for a year and would be ineligible for the same duration.  This seems an unlikely choice.  He also can appeal Ole Miss' decision to not release him from his LOI, as in the Eddy Vanderdoes case a few years back.  A third option is Ole Miss gives him a complete release; given everything I've seen from that unscrupulous institution, this seems like the least likely outcome.  What seems far more likely to a layperson like me is that he will be given a partial release from his LOI, and that partial release would specifically restrict his ability to go to another SEC school.  But hey, maybe that's just me. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd still take him, especially since we have multiple open schollies. Plus recent history says Allen and Nana will likely not both spend their entire careers here, so no worries with taking three backcourt guys in the same class.

"Sources close to the situation said it’s unclear what the current interest level is between NU and Stewart, who picked the Rebels over NU and Kansas State."  Not exactly a confidence-building statement, especially since recruiting is generally full of unrealistic sunshine pumping.  But as a positive, I can't imagine the Kearney Hub is where we'd expect to see breaking news anyway.

http://www.kearneyhub.com/sports/state/miles-welcomes-full-crop-of-newcomers-in-first-step-of/article_ca900430-4b96-11e7-bb83-6777c0c5d295.html

Also, Georgetown appears to be in the mix now based on Stewart's twitter feed

1 hour ago, aphilso1 said:

"Sources close to the situation said it’s unclear what the current interest level is between NU and Stewart, who picked the Rebels over NU and Kansas State."  Not exactly a confidence-building statement, especially since recruiting is generally full of unrealistic sunshine pumping.  But as a positive, I can't imagine the Kearney Hub is where we'd expect to see breaking news anyway.

http://www.kearneyhub.com/sports/state/miles-welcomes-full-crop-of-newcomers-in-first-step-of/article_ca900430-4b96-11e7-bb83-6777c0c5d295.html

Also, Georgetown appears to be in the mix now based on Stewart's twitter feed

That story is from the Omaha World-Herald's Lee Barfknecht.

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2017 PG Parker Stewart -> Pitt
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...