2017 PG Parker Stewart -> Pitt -> UT Martin -> Indiana

trickey

• 3 weeks later...

It's easier to play for dad when it's already established that you're going to get playing time because you're good. For his sake hopefully dad will still be there when he's eligible. If Coach Stewart gets fired Parker is definitely someone to monitor for a grad transfer

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2017 PG Parker Stewart -> Pitt -> UT Martin
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He might be immediately eligible. I don't know if he's played a game with Tennessee-Martin this year. If not, and they're saying he's a grad transfer, he might be eligible as soon as we hold commencement ceremonies for this semester. That would put him here for the Wisconsin game on 12/21.

Not that I think it'll happen, but I would imagine he's looking for a place to play like RIGHT NOW! He's not looking to sit out. And the only way that happens is if ... someone ... maybe took a medical retirement or something like that.

If he was a 45% 3-point shooter or a 6'10 dude who could block shots, defend the post and catch dumps down low for dunks, then this might make sense.  But would we create room for a grad transfer who shoots ~35% from 3-point range if it meant someone already on the team had to say bye-bye? I mean, it's not like we don't have guard depth.

He's a good FT shooter with Teddy Allen size and, judging from his assist numbers, I'd say he looks like a scoring PG.

I dunno. Not for me to figure out. If we think we'll have room for a grad transfer to play this season, then it's for someone else to decide if it makes sense.

Another thing about this is that he's an early grad transfer, meaning he'd have another season after this one. If he were just a one-season grad transfer, then it wouldn't mess with any of our future recruiting. If someone were to leave to clear up space, the ONLY person who makes sense right now is that Akol takes a medical hardship and gives up basketball, but I just don't see that happening.

It's a mystery why we would be in contact with this kid.

Teammate of Trey's at Pitt. I'm sure they've talked.

On 12/1/2020 at 3:59 PM, Norm Peterson said:

Another thing about this is that he's an early grad transfer, meaning he'd have another season after this one. If he were just a one-season grad transfer, then it wouldn't mess with any of our future recruiting. If someone were to leave to clear up space, the ONLY person who makes sense right now is that Akol takes a medical hardship and gives up basketball, but I just don't see that happening.

It's a mystery why we would be in contact with this kid.

Teammate of Trey's at Pitt. I'm sure they've talked.

Actually he was a teammate of Shamiel's at Pitt and transferred before Trey got there.  Being immediately eligible at semester would be unprecedented, but the circumstances in this case are unprecedented, so I don't think the NCAA would rule against him, no matter where he goes. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • hhcmatt changed the title to 2017 PG Parker Stewart -> Pitt -> UT Martin -> Indiana