2017 PG Parker Stewart -> Pitt -> UT Martin -> Indiana

trickey

it's going to be difficult to land a guard that wants to come in and play right away. we have Glynn and Taylor for the next 2-3 years at PG. palmer and gill will be playing SG for the next 2-3 years. Nana could also be considered a SG.

hopefully we can land Allen and he can backup glynn for a year or 2 and then be our future starter.

it's going to be difficult to land a guard that wants to come in and play right away. we have Glynn and Taylor for the next 2-3 years at PG. palmer and gill will be playing SG for the next 2-3 years. Nana could also be considered a SG.

hopefully we can land Allen and he can backup glynn for a year or 2 and then be our future starter.

Kind of what I was thinking.  Even if I am very sure of myself I look at the roster here and see young guys where I want to play I look at other places.  We will get somebody though, think Parker had some pressure to stay close to home other wise I think he would have been here and not been scared.

Taylor isn't going to be getting minutes at PG. He's a pure defender, that's it. Can't handle the ball or shoot it. A guy like Allen shouldn't worry about competing with Taylor for minutes.

• 7 months later...

I would like one more gaurd for depth purposes . Plus with the ET and Gill being seniors it wouldnt hurt. Nor would the competition for playing time.

Right now were looking like this imo

PG: 1. Watson 2. Allen

SG: 1. Palmer 2. Taylor 3. Gill

SF: 1. Roby 2. Akenten

PF: 1. Copeland 2. McVeigh

C: 1. Tshimanga 2. Okeke

Ideally we could sign him and Gill gets healthy enough where he can be a solid contributor. That way we could try and RS Allen or Stewart.

Wyoming was in the mix prior. They seem to be full on scholarships.

Parker's father is the coach at Tennessee Martin. They seem like they're well over the limit on scholarships.

I think we still need guard depth and can sell him on that.

If anyone has a chance to flip up an Ole Miss forum, would be interested in what they're saying.

20 minutes ago, khoock said:

I would like one more gaurd for depth purposes . Plus with the ET and Gill being seniors it wouldnt hurt. Nor would the competition for playing time.

Right now were looking like this imo

PG: 1. Watson 2. Allen

SG: 1. Palmer 2. Taylor 3. Gill

SF: 1. Roby 2. Akenten

PF: 1. Copeland 2. McVeigh

C: 1. Tshimanga 2. Okeke

Ideally we could sign him and Gill gets healthy enough where he can be a solid contributor. That way we could try and RS Allen or Stewart.

As much as it would be nice to have Allen RS, I do not think he would want to or that we could afford to this year.  I believe that he is difference maker enough in a few games that we will need him.  He's not going to instantly take us to the national championship, but will be a solid contributor.  

If Stewart would like to RS, I would be all for that.

4 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Wyoming was in the mix prior. They seem to be full on scholarships.

Parker's father is the coach at Tennessee Martin. They seem like they're well over the limit on scholarships.

I think we still need guard depth and can sell him on that.

If anyone has a chance to flip up an Ole Miss forum, would be interested in what they're saying.

Plus he could potentially be the 2 gaurd back up this year and for sure by next year. If we could convince him to RS and sit behind Palmer one year. He'd have an inside track to being a 3 year starter. I know those are big ifs but still.

4 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

As much as it would be nice to have Allen RS, I do not think he would want to or that we could afford to this year.  I believe that he is difference maker enough in a few games that we will need him.  He's not going to instantly take us to the national championship, but will be a solid contributor.  

If Stewart would like to RS, I would be all for that.

Theres also the chance he wouldnt need to RS. Could come in right away and pass ET and Gill to be Palmers backup.

3 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Stewart is 6'-5" 185# PG/SG. He'd be a perfect complement to the guard stable of Watson & Allen at NU!

A 2019-20 starting line up of:

Thomas Allen

Parker Stewart

Nana Akenten

Isaiah Roby

Jordy Tshimanga

Sounds really nice.

Edited by khoock