2017 F Jericho Sims -> Texas

hhcmatt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's further proof that Tim Miles and Co. know how to pick 'em early:

Agree.  Has happened many times.  I don't think talent identification is a problem with this staff.  Glad the rest of the world didn't catch on with Jacobson, and Illinois with Watson.    

• 2 weeks later...

this has been a pretty bad couple years for miles. arop situation, no paul white, no jericho sims.

FYP.  In all serious, we got in early on Jericho and obviously really liked him.  But when the big boys started to come calling I think it was pretty clear we didn't have a shot.  The good news is we have a couple PG visits coming up and that's a position of need.  Hopefully we can land Stewart or Allen. 

Man the season hasn't even started yet and it sounds sky is falling. That's gotta be some kind of record...

<_<

Ha!  Yeah.  How bad can it get?  Let's see:

--we lose out on -- but nearly signed -- a previously top-50 player

--Texas beats us for a top-flight recruit

--We part ways with a no-star recruit

--We finally sign a 6'10" Center that the coaches have been after for a couple years

--We are competing with Ohio St. for a 2017 point guard

Yep.  Those items are true sign of a program on the ropes . . . not.

Yeah, plus we'll be rolling out a roster at least 2/3 full of Rivals 150 guys.  Several of whom are ESPN 100 guys.  Probably the best collection of talent we've had on the Husker roster since the Nee glory days...

Things are really heading south quick, aren't they?

:rolleyes:

This Deserves a Dozen up-arrows! nod.gif  (Can we give 'em to Miles? ;))

...and by 2/3 full of Rivals 150 guys you must remember that means eight (8) of twelve (12) kids on the current roster are Rivals 150's.

Most here agree that Webster and McVeigh, if they were US kids, would have also comfortably made the Rivals 150 as well.  So it's technically a roster that includes 10 out of 12 kids who are top 150 players.

...and people want to crack on coach Miles because he was unable to land a couple of guys, one who is headed to an elite program in Texas and another who appears destined for Oregon (who is no slouch either).

I believe we may want to step off the ledge a bit.

...and by 2/3 full of Rivals 150 guys you must remember that means eight (8) of twelve (12) kids on the current roster are Rivals 150's.

Most here agree that Webster and McVeigh, if they were US kids, would have also comfortably made the Rivals 150 as well.  So it's technically a roster that includes 10 out of 12 kids who are top 150 players.

...and people want to crack on coach Miles because he was unable to land a couple of guys, one who is headed to an elite program in Texas and another who appears destined for Oregon (who is no slouch either).

I believe we may want to step off the ledge a bit.

I want to go play softball and then drink a cold beer.  Much better ways to kill some time than worrying about the state of the basketball program in Lincoln.