Is this the death knell for Rick Pitino's program?

jimmykc

it has got to hurt recruiting for a while in Louisville.

Does it?

I'm with Dimes on this one.  This is just free advertising.

"Hey, guys, apparently, if we go to Louisville, they provide FREE HOOKERS!!!"

Speaking of which... what is Standhardinger up to these days? :P

Christian is actually playing for SC Rasta Vechta...a German team. 

http://basketball.realgm.com/international/league/1/Euroleague/team/1353/SC-Rasta-Vechta

Whoa!  Sounds like they're out to nail Louisville/Pitino to the wall over this deal!

And they're willing to burn guys not in the program to do it?  That's some B.S. it this turns out to be true.

Frankly, I don't care what Agau or Gill saw or didn't see there. They, their parents, their schools, and their schools lawyers should call this bluff and tell the NCAA to suck a lemon.

Whoa!  Sounds like they're out to nail Louisville/Pitino to the wall over this deal!

And they're willing to burn guys not in the program to do it?  That's some B.S. it this turns out to be true.

Frankly, I don't care what Agau or Gill saw or didn't see there. They, their parents, their schools, and their schools lawyers should call this bluff and tell the NCAA to suck a lemon.

So Pitino, Calipari, Self, and Williams will keep getting away with all kind of violations then. 

Agree threatening eligibility is to extreme. 

I'm not commenting on their methodology (which is asinine, I agree) rather the apparent desire to go after Louisville to the degree they appear to be.

When I was in college some buddies of mine where taking a short cut home from the bars one night across UNL campus, in their car.  The UNL cop stopped them right out side of the library.

As he was talking to the driver, the others got out and opened the trunk and got out the drivers golf clubs and started hitting balls all over the place.

The cop told them to stop or they would be in big trouble.  One of them said he wasn't a real cop because he didn't even have a gun.  The guy looked at him said your right and let them go.  

Now they were being douchbags but it was kind of funny.  This was in the 80's.

So Pitino, Calipari, Self, and Williams will keep getting away with all kind of violations then. 

Agree threatening eligibility is to extreme. 

I probably quoted the wrong thread. My issue is if they're going to go after Louisville by threatening the eligibility of kids.

Auroran: Is it just me or does that linked photo you posted look like what a Wheaties box for zombies would resemble?

Yeah, sort of. Definitely resembles the "Wheaties" box, but Rick is more of a vampire than a zombie. ;)

Count Chocula Wheaties