2016-17 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will our complete non conf be released? I saw Creightons was released recently. I'm excited to see how the rest of ours fills out.

The vast majority of the schedule is shown on the original post. Only a few home games left to fill in...

I see 7. So we probably have 5-6 more games left to announce. Do we play another good quality opponent or do we just pad the rest of the schedule since we already have a handful of good opponents?

Also, I like to complain about how Creighton never schedules UNO, but I can't do so if we are doing the same. Any chance you think we add them? We played them in year 1 and year 3, so playing them this year would fit the every other year pattern.

There have been 8 non-conference games announced, so only four or *five games (*incl. exhibition) are left to be announced (all at home):

Thu,  Nov 24 TBA Titan Gym (Fullerton, Calif.) TBA
Fri,  Nov 25 TBA Titan Gym (Fullerton, Calif.) TBA
Sun,  Nov 27 TBA Anaheim, Calif. (Honda Center) TBA

Southern Univ. at home

B1G/ACC Challenge game at Clemson (Weds, Nov. 30)

South Dakota at home (Sat., Dec. 3)

Creighton at home (Weds, Dec. 7)

At Kansas  (Sat., Dec. 10)

There have been 8 non-conference games announced, so only four or *five games (*incl. exhibition) are left to be announced (all at home):

Thu, Nov 24 TBA Titan Gym (Fullerton, Calif.) TBA

Fri, Nov 25 TBA Titan Gym (Fullerton, Calif.) TBA

Sun, Nov 27 TBA Anaheim, Calif. (Honda Center) TBA

Southern Univ. at home

B1G/ACC Challenge game at Clemson (Weds, Nov. 30)

South Dakota at home (Sat., Dec. 3)

Creighton at home (Weds, Dec. 7)

At Kansas (Sat., Dec. 10)

Gotcha, I missed the Southern game.

When will our complete non conf be released? I saw Creightons was released recently. I'm excited to see how the rest of ours fills out.

The vast majority of the schedule is shown on the original post. Only a few home games left to fill in...

I see 7. So we probably have 5-6 more games left to announce. Do we play another good quality opponent or do we just pad the rest of the schedule since we already have a handful of good opponents?

Also, I like to complain about how Creighton never schedules UNO, but I can't do so if we are doing the same. Any chance you think we add them? We played them in year 1 and year 3, so playing them this year would fit the every other year pattern.

I think South Dakota qualifies for our Summit League game of the year so very doubtful with UNO.

The rest of the teams will not be good....the level of that not so goodness will indicate what Miles thinks are chances are.

I think South Dakota qualifies for our Summit League game of the year so very doubtful with UNO.

The rest of the teams will not be good....the level of that not so goodness will indicate what Miles thinks are chances are.

Kinda figured we wouldn't play them but still a bummer. Love to see the local teams play each other in all sports.

UNO is not a desirable game for Creighton....it would surprise me if Miles agreed to a game in the near future with them as well. Risk > Reward . It sucks to have to play that game now but taking a risk like that in the nonconference slate just isn't worth it when you consider the matchups you're getting from the big ten/big east conference schedule. 

UNO is not a desirable game for Creighton....it would surprise me if Miles agreed to a game in the near future with them as well. Risk > Reward . It sucks to have to play that game now but taking a risk like that in the nonconference slate just isn't worth it when you consider the matchups you're getting from the big ten/big east conference schedule. 

Neither Nebraska...or Creighton should be afraid to play UNO.  Of course...we have scheduled them multiple times recently and I bet we do so in the future. 

You all do realize that Nebraska is in the cannon-fodder portion of the Wooden Legacy field, right?

I mean, beating Dayton would be one of the year's biggest upsets for us if we managed to do it.  Heck, New Mexico would be an extremely healthy challenge for our team...I'm just sayin' we can probably only hope to expect wins in this one against Portland or CSUN.

For a refresher here are the final Kenpom rankings for the teams in the field:

#19 - Texas A&M

#57 - Virginia Tech

#59 - Dayton

#79 - UCLA

#98 - Nebraska

#126 - New Mexico

#214 - Portland

#239 - CSU Northridge

Keep in mind we lost, what?  Approximately half of our offensive production with Shields and White no longer with the team.

You all do realize that Nebraska is in the cannon-fodder portion of the Wooden Legacy field, right?

I mean, beating Dayton would be one of the year's biggest upsets for us if we managed to do it.  Heck, New Mexico would be an extremely healthy challenge for our team...I'm just sayin' we can probably only hope to expect wins in this one against Portland or CSUN.

#19 - Texas A&M

#57 - Virginia Tech

#59 - Dayton

#79 - UCLA

#98 - Nebraska

#126 - New Mexico

#214 - Portland

#239 - CSU Northridge

Keep in mind we lost, what?  Approximately half of our offensive production with Shields and White no longer with the team.

So, 9er, you're saying we can only hope that UCLA/Portland is the other half of the bracket?

#19 - Texas A&M

#57 - Virginia Tech

#59 - Dayton

#79 - UCLA

#98 - Nebraska

#126 - New Mexico

#214 - Portland

#239 - CSU Northridge

So, 9er, you're saying we can only hope that UCLA/Portland is the other half of the bracket?

I'm saying a 1-2 record should be expected.  Two wins would be overachieving for this team, and winning the tournament is probably out of the question.

#19 - Texas A&M

#57 - Virginia Tech

#59 - Dayton

#79 - UCLA

#98 - Nebraska

#126 - New Mexico

#214 - Portland

#239 - CSU Northridge

I'm saying a 1-2 record should be expected.  Two wins would be overachieving for this team, and winning the tournament is probably out of the question.

I will wait until our second loss to make a DID WE JUST HIT ROCK BOTTOM post.

I have no expectations of going 3-0 or 0-3 in that tourney.  

My expectations are to go 2-4 against this tourney, @Kansas, Creighton, @Clemson and take care of business in the rest of our games.   No Samford/Incarnate Word type losses.

If we can get to conference at 9-4, we can make a run down the stretch.   5 losses or worse, makes it real real tough

My expectations are to go 2-4 against this tourney, @Kansas, Creighton, @Clemson and take care of business in the rest of our games.   No Samford/Incarnate Word type losses.

If they live up to those expectations, you will be able to consider me a very, VERY happy man.

Just a hunch but I think UCLA and A&M are the 1/2 seeds and thus get Portland/CSU

Then there is us vs Dayton and New Mexico vs VT.

Thus we're probably on the same side of the bracket as UCLA and Portland just given the order these things are announced. Otherwise it's probably A&M/CSU