2016-17 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Bridges went for 33 last night against Northwood to open up the exhibition season for the Big Ten.  12-14 from the field and 5-5 from three point land.  Must be nice.   MSU beat Northwood 93-69

MSU started slow but finished the first half up 14. Northwood (coached by former Neb alum Jeff Rekeweg) cut it to 7 with 11 to go, but then MSU finished with a flurry to make it look worse than it was

12 hours ago, huskercwg said:

Visited today with a buddy of mine who lives in Kansas and is a KSU fan.  He indicated that it is his belief that this year may be one of Bill Self's better KU teams.  Yikes.

Wish I would have stayed awake for that game with Indiana last night..lots of scoring and OT in an eventual Kansas loss
Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk finally made the rotation....he's that hyped 17 year old from the Ukraine? from two years ago

30 minutes ago, Thattimeofyear4 said:

Happened to see that Pinder kid for Arizona last night idk how he made their team lol

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

I was always pretty skeptical of Keanu as a recruit.  Nothing against the kid, but I just didn't think he would be a program improver.  Wouldn't make us better.  Wouldn't put us in a position to compete better in this league.

I seem to remember speculating in Isaiah's recruiting thread as soon as your son commited to us, that probably meant we'd moved on from Pinder.  And as you probably will recall, I was pretty happy about that development. 

I would not trade Isaiah for Keanu even if you threw in a season of mid-court box seats and a parking pass.

Edited by Norm Peterson

Not to pat my back (well, OK, just a little) but here's what I said in October 2014 in the Roby recruiting thread:

On 10/24/2014 at 10:38 AM, lanigan123 said:

6 8, if it's realistic is plenty big for the 4. Interesting pick up. Do you think Pinder ends up not making it?

Good question.  Granted, I haven't seen a lot of film of either of these guys, but I was always a little doubtful about Pinder's skill level and, from what little I've seen of Roby, I've been very enthusiastic about him in comparison.  So, I don't know.  The video I've seen and the accounts we've read suggest Pinder might be a bit of a reach and, moreover, there's a good probability that we'll be able to get involved with top shelf players for the '16 class by this time next year.  So, if Pinder doesn't explode in the meantime, I could very well see the offer withdrawn.   Would not be shocked, just put it that way. 

If I had to guess whether we could land a better player by this time next year than we were able to get committed at this time last year, I would say we'd definitely be in better shape for the '16 class than we were for the '14 class, which Pinder was originally supposed to be in.  When he switched from Sunrise Prep to Hutch CC, I didn't think that was a very good sign for him.  Hold a gun to my head and make me guess?  I'd say Pinder probably won't be a Husker.

Edited by Norm Peterson

6 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

Wish I would have stayed awake for that game with Indiana last night..lots of scoring and OT in an eventual Kansas loss
Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk finally made the rotation....he's that hyped 17 year old from the Ukraine? from two years ago

I was in the same boat.  I turned it off and went to bed as they were going into OT.  I figured that with Bryant fouling out at the end of regulation that Indiana had lost their best chance of winning that game and KU would roll in overtime...guess I was wrong about that.

I don't want to overstate this, but Rutgers is going to be improved. Watched some of their rout of Drexel (not a good team) and they are much, much better coached than the last year. And they do have talent, including Corey Sanders. Also added a 7-foot grad transfer who's a big space eater. 

I think we just play them once, and it's there. Doesn't look like the cakewalk of last year.

You know you're a diehard when you're scouting Rutgers!

Edited by Chuck Taylor