2018 F Ed Chang (Papillion-LaVista)

AuroranHusker

On 8/21/2022 at 8:24 AM, millerhusker said:

Watching him his sophomore/junior years in Omaha, I thought he had a chance to be a future star. Trying to remember his path the last handful of years... Transferred to a high school in Seattle his senior year but didn't play. Committed to Washington, then decommitted and went to San Diego St where he played minimal minutes. Transferred to Salt Lake CC and had a decent sophomore year. Then to Missouri, but didn't play his junior year. Transferred to Jacksonville last year, but again didn't play. Now to Idaho State.  I believe this is his 7th school in 7 years, and he's only played games in two of those seasons. Crazy. 

The first time I watched Ed as a Sophomore I literally thought he had potential to be a 5-start type of player. I thought he was KD-esque. I met him a couple times, thought he seemed like a good kid? Wonder what has happened in this young man's life for him to bounce around like this and never establish himself. Clearly something going on there. 

59 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

The first time I watched Ed as a Sophomore I literally thought he had potential to be a 5-start type of player. I thought he was KD-esque. I met him a couple times, thought he seemed like a good kid? Wonder what has happened in this young man's life for him to bounce around like this and never establish himself. Clearly something going on there. 

Yep, as a sophomore he was 6'7", had good handles and legitimate NBA range. Seemed like he had a high floor and an extremely high ceiling.