2018 F Ed Chang (Papillion-LaVista)

AuroranHusker

When Ed was first looking at schools he wanted to come to Nebraska but didn't feel that the interest was as high on our end. He didn't feel like we wanted him as much as he wanted to come play for us. Which I've been told is true, we had interest but he definitely wasn't a priority recruit compared to guys we were after back at that point like Tyreese Haliburton, Nate Roberts, and Xavier Johnson. It seemed the same could be said for how Creighton was going after him. Interested to see what the interest is considering that he hasn't played in almost a year. I wonder what kind of shape he is in. Sounds like Coach Lewis and some coaches from other schools will be watching him in a workout today from what I've seen on twitter. We'll just have to wait and see. 

• 3 months later...
On 4/17/2018 at 10:07 AM, NebrasketballJake said:

When Ed was first looking at schools he wanted to come to Nebraska but didn't feel that the interest was as high on our end. He didn't feel like we wanted him as much as he wanted to come play for us. Which I've been told is true, we had interest but he definitely wasn't a priority recruit compared to guys we were after back at that point like Tyreese Haliburton, Nate Roberts, and Xavier Johnson. It seemed the same could be said for how Creighton was going after him. Interested to see what the interest is considering that he hasn't played in almost a year. I wonder what kind of shape he is in. Sounds like Coach Lewis and some coaches from other schools will be watching him in a workout today from what I've seen on twitter. We'll just have to wait and see. 

Interesting thread on Reddit about a Rothstien tweet on how Chang is coming along at SDSU:

Seems like a healthy chunk of the converstation confirms @NebrasketballJake's theory.

Edited by 49r

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/14/2020 at 7:40 AM, hugh42 said:

Ed Chang apparently landed at Missouri, but doesn't appear to have played yet this season.

Misery has a pretty solid squad and a lot of guys back from last year.  Was watching a bit of their game with Illinois the other night and they looked good.  He may sit a lot this year.

• 1 year later...
On 2/11/2017 at 11:51 PM, Bugeaters1 said:

Well #3 for Aurora hasn't meet a shot he didn't like. Baylor Scheierman is his name he is a Sophomore. Aurora really hits the boards, it was a well played game and they just ran out of steam at the end, and it did take awhile for the game to get into a flow a lot of feeling out in the first quarter.

It is pretty odd that the first mentions of Baylor Scheierman on this board were in the Ed Chang thread.

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

He is still hanging around! Transferring to Idaho State.

Watching him his sophomore/junior years in Omaha, I thought he had a chance to be a future star. Trying to remember his path the last handful of years... Transferred to a high school in Seattle his senior year but didn't play. Committed to Washington, then decommitted and went to San Diego St where he played minimal minutes. Transferred to Salt Lake CC and had a decent sophomore year. Then to Missouri, but didn't play his junior year. Transferred to Jacksonville last year, but again didn't play. Now to Idaho State.  I believe this is his 7th school in 7 years, and he's only played games in two of those seasons. Crazy. 

On 8/21/2022 at 8:24 AM, millerhusker said:

Watching him his sophomore/junior years in Omaha, I thought he had a chance to be a future star. Trying to remember his path the last handful of years... Transferred to a high school in Seattle his senior year but didn't play. Committed to Washington, then decommitted and went to San Diego St where he played minimal minutes. Transferred to Salt Lake CC and had a decent sophomore year. Then to Missouri, but didn't play his junior year. Transferred to Jacksonville last year, but again didn't play. Now to Idaho State.  I believe this is his 7th school in 7 years, and he's only played games in two of those seasons. Crazy. 

Kid has gotten some terrible advice it appears.