2018 F Ed Chang (Papillion-LaVista)

AuroranHusker

Probably because he is still just a Sophomore and like most Sophomores he still has to get better at some things. He has a chance to be really good but he is skinny and not a guy who go to the block and score on big posts and his ball handling will need to get better. He is a streak shooter as well. (Understand that I'm comparing him as a high school Soph to what it takes to play in the Big Ten)

Mikes-Phone-101-e1438771107237.jpg

Ed Chang with a game-high 20 points and a game-high 8 boards as PLV defeats PLVS 56-44..

Well as a graduate of Papillion La-Vista i'll have to get back home and check a game out

Omaha South plays at PLV on January 26th.  I'm considering going, since it will be a great chance to see both Arop and Chang in action

Ed Chang with a game-high 20 points and a game-high 8 boards as PLV defeats PLVS 56-44..

Well as a graduate of Papillion La-Vista i'll have to get back home and check a game out

Omaha South plays at PLV on January 26th.  I'm considering going, since it will be a great chance to see both Arop and Chang in action

A Tuesday game ...peculiar 

A Tuesday game ...peculiar 

A Husker Hoops Central takeover?!

• 4 weeks later...

It still seems odd to me that we haven't offered yet. We offered Arop very early and Chang seems to be in his neighborhood talent wise.

Maybe that's why, the two Nebraskans share a lot of similarities. Perhaps Ed Chang needs to differentiate his skills from Aguek Arop to be able to garner that offer from NU. Time will tell, though.

It still seems odd to me that we haven't offered yet. We offered Arop very early and Chang seems to be in his neighborhood talent wise.

Maybe that's why, the two Nebraskans share a lot of similarities. Perhaps Ed Chang needs to differentiate his skills from Aguek Arop to be able to garner that offer from NU. Time will tell, though.

Based on what I can tell, they may be similar physically but have different games. Chang is more of a wing - can handle the ball, shoots it from distance, etc. At least at the H.S. level, Arop plays more of an inside game.

Good to hear! He'll look great in red.

So he has 2 offers now, right? And both teams are playing at home on the same night. Instead of taking an unofficial to watch one of his offered teams play a nationally ranked team - and lose on another buzzer shot :lol:  - he chooses to take an unofficial to PBA to watch NU crush Minnesota.

I'll take that as a good sign.  ;)