2017 Recruits

Row6Seat10

Isn't the Taylor's other sister playing out in San Diego? So it isn't a given that Taylor will go to Illinois.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Didn't someone here say that they talked to the folks from Minden when they were here for the ILL game to watch the older Kissenger...that she wasn't going to ILL for sure ?

Isn't the Taylor's other sister playing out in San Diego? So it isn't a given that Taylor will go to Illinois.

Didn't someone here say that they talked to the folks from Minden when they were here for the ILL game to watch the older Kissenger...that she wasn't going to ILL for sure ?

I think you might be right on that steve, my memory isn't that good on some of this stuff.

I think you might be right on that steve, my memory isn't that good on some of this stuff.

yes, believe it was stated something along the line "we don't know if she will choose nebraska, but, she is not going to illinois."

Hearing that both Coach Yori and Coach Stephens made the trip to Minden last Friday night to watch Taylor Kissinger.

And then Sunday Husker target Deja Church the 5'8 Guard from Southfield Lathrup High School in Detroit was in attendance for the Michigan game. She has an offer from both Nebraska and Michigan. Hoping she liked what she saw from the Huskers!

Daja plays on nationally ranked team. (#22 MaxPreps) She has lots of div 1 school offers. 

Found these:

http://www.miprepzone.com/oakland/results.asp?ID=11891

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/southfieldlathrup-takes-charge-against-stoney-creek/

http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/news/article/-5343108752933348629/fast-break-points-lift-southfield-lathrup-girls-basketball-to-61-38-win-over-detroit-mumford/   (video about 1/2 way down page...personal interview. Seems to be very nice young lady)

http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/player/deja-church/

Michigan's roster has many smaller quick guards on their roster...a fit for Mich if she chooses to go there.....to many ?  May be a reason Deja may go to NU ?

Isn't it nice that we have a great foundation for the WBB program now.  One of the best coaches around, great facilities, getting the B10 figured out, new assistant coaches on board, several great recruiting classes in a row and a growing excited fan base.  We now have the luxury of being able to pick a player or 2 here and there to plug in to make us even better.    

yes, believe it was stated something along the line "we don't know if she will choose nebraska, but, she is not going to illinois."
Do you think that they don't like the goings on there, or just the fact it is so far from home?

Do you think that they don't like the goings on there, or just the fact it is so far from home?

i have no idea whatsoever, but, i certainly would take into consideration the "internal" struggles going on at illinois. not to mention, would a new a.d. consider making a change within the women's program? illinois hosted "Pack the House" game against psu, and, if i read the attendance correctly, it was just over 3700? would like to see a pic and then judge the attendance. i did read where illinois did receive a $73,000(?) check from a group (may have been called "Courtside"). think it stated they plan on doing locker room changes plus new video equipment, whatever. ok, it's 2nd hand stuff, but, was told Bollant called out his guards for not paying more attention to Chatrice White (against psu). tonight's game against minny might be interesting.

i am so proud to be a Husker fan! GBR!

Have heard...not seen personally, that the IL team chemistry may not be ideal. And, they've had all kinds of other issues to deal with.

If I was a guard, and the post player wasn't your "best friend"......it can cause problems. Whites shooting % can't be great.

But I did see In our game with IL she was just throwing up "shots" .....that had no chance. Wasted the teams chance on their end.

That's all their problems to deal with.... and could be some of the reason(s) why Taylor K is looking elsewhere. She only needs to talk to her sister.

$73,000 isn't much for a locker room remodel, particularly with audio-visual work too. They could be way behind the curve in their locker room.

Have heard...not seen personally, that the IL team chemistry may not be ideal. And, they've had all kinds of other issues to deal with.

If I was a guard, and the post player wasn't your "best friend"......it can cause problems. Whites shooting % can't be great.

But I did see In our game with IL she was just throwing up "shots" .....that had no chance. Wasted the teams chance on their end.

That's all their problems to deal with.... and could be some of the reason(s) why Taylor K is looking elsewhere. She only needs to talk to her sister.

$73,000 isn't much for a locker room remodel, particularly with audio-visual work too. They could be way behind the curve in their locker room.

Surely that is for the practice facility. The university just spent a ton of money on a make over to the state farm center.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mckenna Haire a 5'11 guard from Myers Park High school in Charlotte NC, has surfaced as a new target for the 2017 class. Her info has been added to the 2017 Big Board located at the top of this thread. She's been turning heads from this past summer on the AAU circuit and is garnering interest from lots of D1 schools from coast to coast including Nebraska.

southeast_raleigh_vs_myers_park_(nchsaa_

is nebraska on her long list? i only can read the top list of schools and it cuts off the rest, for some reason. i can see there are other schools listed, but, i can't maneuver the page to read who the others are. 

I copy and pasted the bottom partially hidden line.  I don't know if there is anything under that.

anyone know if nebraska showing any interest in this player from colorado?

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/190469/michaela-onyenwere

She's keeping her recruitment pretty close to the vest although she's taken official visits to Colorado, Tennessee, Louisville and UCLA. USC and the Arizona schools are also chasing her. Haven't heard anything if all on her interest in the Huskers.

re: Myah Selland   (Sanborn Central/Woonsocket)

South Dakota State B Tournament

my first look at the 6'2" junior. for lack of a better comment, i will steal what the commentators stated: "she has incredible command of the basketball". i would add, she is pretty "smooth" with her ball handling skills/moves. she has such a "mature" build for her age. really stands out compared to most other players on the court. 

in thursday nights game, her scoring stats were 9-12 in field goals, 1-2 3pters, 5-9 ft's. scored a "quiet" 26 pts. also, believe the announcers stated she was flirting with a triple double. she was "in and out" quite a bit probably because of the comfortable lead during most of the game. 

much of the time, she would bring the ball up the court, pass off, and then go post up. there were a couple of times where she brought the ball up the court and took it right to the hoop for a layup. one time it was right through a double team and another she put some moves on a triple team and went in for a layup that had you shaking your head. when she had the ball, she faced a double, sometimes triple team practically the whole game. 

very unselfish player. at the level of schools she is playing, there is no doubt she could just takeover all the duties if she wanted to, but, she looks to get her teammates involved. 

by the time it's all said and done, myah selland will no doubt be one of the best girl basketball players the state of south dakota has produced. i haven't heard or read the schools she may be interested in, but, someone is going to get a good one.

Myah Selland  (1st-team Class B All-State in 2015.)

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/216927/myah-selland

Good article with pix. (seems like I've seem something about her before... practicing in a barn)

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/sports/prep/3709121-selland-republics-girls-basketball-player-year

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/216927/myah-selland

Good article with pix. (seems like I've seem something about her before... practicing in a barn)

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/sports/prep/3709121-selland-republics-girls-basketball-player-year

related:   http://www.kdlt.com/sports/success-runs-in-the-family-for-selland/37890766

Myah Selland had 16 pts and 15 rebounds in a 56-29 loss to Ethan in semi-finals. one of the best bb coaches  in sd coaches for Ethan now (has coached both boys and girls to numerous titles). practically had Selland double teamed the whole game----and when she tried to get around the basket, majority of time had ten hands in her face. Selland just couldn't get much help from her teammates friday night. other girls had a tough night shooting the basketball.

related:   http://www.kdlt.com/sports/success-runs-in-the-family-for-selland/37890766

Myah Selland had 16 pts and 15 rebounds in a 56-29 loss to Ethan in semi-finals. one of the best bb coaches  in sd coaches for Ethan now (has coached both boys and girls to numerous titles). practically had Selland double teamed the whole game----and when she tried to get around the basket, majority of time had ten hands in her face. Selland just couldn't get much help from her teammates friday night. other girls had a tough night shooting the basketball.

in Selland's third place game, it appeared they were cruising for a loss. then, the 4th quarter became the Myah Selland show.  the game went into overtime. during the 4th quarter and overtime, Selland hit seven shots in a row------including, 5-5 3pt'ers. she had 14 rebounds for the game and 34 pts. the latest article i posted on her did not include any list of schools----just stated she had offers from across the country. i am sure every college in sd has offered her.