2017 Recruits

Row6Seat10

Ex-Husker assistant Brittney Brown was recruiting 4 star forward Lauren Miller to Nebraska before she left. She's now recruiting her to TCU where she is now an assistant coach. As a result Miller visited TCU this weekend.

Yep, that's the way that works.  Hope it ends well for us.  By the time we know, the driver of the energy bus will be at Wisconsin, and will not be subject to accountability. 

NU not being on her final 10 list is most likely the result of the coaches that were recruiting her to Nebraska are no longer with the program. I'm surprised Notre Dame didn't make the cut.

More indication that most kids go to a school because of the coaches recruiting them. Some of the top 5, top 10 schools nationally can get them by the schools stature as basketball factories.  There are exceptions to everything of course.

We have been doing pretty well attracting talent. Hope Coach Amy and staff can pick up right where we left off.

Given they'll have to forge those relationships right now, over the next few months, it won't be easy. USD wouldn't have spent much time recruiting top 100 prospects before now, because they wouldn't have come to USD. 

We should start to hear a little more on 17' recruits starting next week. June is usually a quiet time recruiting wise. As basically the coaches spent last month holding camps and getting to work with the current players in small groups. The AAU viewing periods are April, July and Sept. So starting this Friday and running through the 1st of August the coaches should be on the road all through out the country watching AAU tourney's.

Is there any word at all on 2017 recruits?  I keep reading about other teams picking up verbals from 2017 players, but have not heard anything about NU getting any verbals.

It may take some time. You have build relationships with AAU coaches where you may not have previously recruited. 

Kissinger is a key. You land her, and you have an anchor to the class. 

Interesting. Esp. curious as to who is out in the Portland area.

I'd guess they're going out there to scout AAU teams. Portland hosts one of the biggest AAU tournaments on the west coast annually each July. This tourney attracts AAU teams from all up and down the west coast and usually has a lot of top ranked recruits participating. It's the tourney where Nebraska got a first look at Husker recruits Chandler Smith and Kellie McCann/Smith. Lindsey Moore and Natalie Romeo played in this tourney also.

The Chicago and Dallas AAU events also attract top named recruits.

Don't know who can answer this, but even though "enable emoticons" is checked, the options that come up above when I post no longer allows me access to anything. The panel above is faded. Can anyone explain?

Yes, I am sure someone can explain!

Yet, the name does not start with tr.

Dimes is the man to explain.

4-Star guard Aleah Goodman a 5'9 guard out of the Portland Ore. area committed to Oregon St this past week. One of her finalist was Nebraska. Would have been nice to land her but in any rate good to see this new coaching staff in on one of the west coasts top players until the end.

“She narrowed it down to seven schools over the past 30 days,” Kevin Goodman said. “She strongly considered Louisville, Nebraska, Clemson and Iowa State, and made official visits to the University of Washington, University of Arizona and Oregon State University. She really liked all three of those universities.”

http://portlandtribune.com/cr/25-sports/314530-193415-aleah-goodman-commits-to-osu

Taylor Kissenger has committed to NU today as per the "Taylor Kissenger" thread.

I should have put that she had committed over here instead of where I put it.

No matter....just very glad she committed to us !...regardless of where it's posted.

Great start and very good recruit for 2017 class.

• 2 weeks later...