2017 Recruits

Row6Seat10

HUD correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the D1 women's basketball scholarship limit is 15.

So, Sidney Cooks and Lauryn Miller for 2017? Think we have a chance?

Our chances with these two dropped when Shimmy Gray Miller took the assistants job at Florida. Right now with the season Missouri is putting together, I would think they may be in the drivers seat with Miller.

• 2 weeks later...

Was St. Mary's the one that upset Mater Dei?

No, it was Our Lady Good Counsel High School from Maryland.

St Mary's was rated #1 in the Nation by all the rating services so it would not have been an upset if they beat Mater Dei. They beat Mater Dei last year in the California Open Championships and have almost their entire team back. Where as Mater Dai lost  the top player in the country K. L. Samualson and their top point guard.  Mater Dei is not the team they were last season. They would be really lucky to make the State Championships. Quite a few teams in southern cal that are much better than they are. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anything new on Kissinger ? She seems to have been at several NU games this year. Pretty sure she was here with her parents recently.

Sounds as if she wants to be back on the court by the Holdrege game on Jan 22 or the Southwest Conference tourney the following week after breaking her wrist last November. Minden could sure use her, they're 6-5 now and had she been playing they could well have came out on the winning side in 4 of the 5 losses. As of now she still intends to announce her choice of school this summer.

Anything new on Kissinger ? She seems to have been at several NU games this year. Pretty sure she was here with her parents recently.

Sounds as if she wants to be back on the court by the Holdrege game on Jan 22 or the Southwest Conference tourney the following week after breaking her wrist last November. Minden could sure use her, they're 6-5 now and had she been playing they could well have came out on the winning side in 4 of the 5 losses. As of now she still intends to announce her choice of school this summer.

Don't know who her top 2 or 3 teams are, but ILL only had 100 (maybe) attendance last game.  Surely she doesn't want to play in an empty gym her whole career? But playing with her sister?

Just make the call Ms Kissinger for NU and end all the mystery. We sure would like it  :)

...and she'd make a great tandem shooter with Mitchell for the future.

Don't know who her top 2 or 3 teams are, but ILL only had 100 (maybe) attendance last game.  Surely she doesn't want to play in an empty gym her whole career? But playing with her sister?

Just make the call Ms Kissinger for NU and end all the mystery. We sure would like it  :)

I have never seen Kissinger play, but someone on here mentioned that her foot speed was somewhat a question mark. Has anyone seen her play and is this true? Which brings me to the next point do you want shooters that are slow a foot or athletic kids that dont shoot well? Hope this makes sense.

Might want to keep an eye on Payton Brotzki from Plattview.  Believe she is just a sophomore this year.  I saw her play several times in middle school and she impressed me.  Her father was (maybe still is) a coach and I think she understands the game.  Had she not torn her ACL last season, I think Plattview would have been in the class B state championship game.  She's doing quite well this year.  Would be a shame if she went to Illinois (although I would say that for anyone considering Illinois). 

I was the one that questioned Kissinger's foot speed.  But perhaps with the right supporting cast around her, her lack of speed may not be as much of an issue.

Kissinger was at the game yesterday, of course.  A decent Minden contingent showed up in support of Brooke.  Some of them wore red.  Most I talked to were saying they were cheering for the Huskers and Brooke.   Taylor was on the floor after the game talking to Yori.   One of the Minden folks said they didn't know if Taylor was going to Nebraska, but she wasn't going to Illinois.  But apparently she likes Nebraska, and the family is aware of the travel burdens when someone is playing a considerable distance away.  

Kissinger was at the game yesterday, of course.  A decent Minden contingent showed up in support of Brooke.  Some of them wore red.  Most I talked to were saying they were cheering for the Huskers and Brooke.   Taylor was on the floor after the game talking to Yori.   One of the Minden folks said they didn't know if Taylor was going to Nebraska, but she wasn't going to Illinois.  But apparently she likes Nebraska, and the family is aware of the travel burdens when someone is playing a considerable distance away.  

Yori wants Taylor to come to UNL, so that's all the endorsement I need,  GBR !!

(Brooke has decent agility, and footwork, so if Taylor's like her older sister, then Taylor should be a good fit for the Huskers)

I was watching the Shelby contingent too. Looked like they were there to support White but indiscreetly rooting for the Huskers!

I was watching the Shelby contingent too. Looked like they were there to support White but indiscreetly rooting for the Huskers!

Too bad - they could have been cheering for one and the same.  I have to think if they had a do-over, they would not have picked Illinois.  Maybe not Nebraska either, but definitely not Illinois.

Not my conclusion...rather the announcers doing game......not exact quote but....maybe states the obvious.

"White probably looked at other schools (other than NU) since Shepard had already committed to NU about as a freshman in HS"

Brooke probably went because of her friendship, and a playing partner, with White. That's all OK.

When White picked Illinois she was quoted as saying that her goal was to be Freshman of the year in the Big Ten.  I watched her play numerous times in High School and College and it looked to me like she was less then the ideal team player.  I'm sure she didn't want to play 2nd fiddle to Jess S. at Nebraska.

Yori wants Taylor to come to UNL, so that's all the endorsement I need,  GBR !!

(Brooke has decent agility, and footwork, so if Taylor's like her older sister, then Taylor should be a good fit for the Huskers)

I've watched Taylor a number of times.   She is, in my opinion, much better than Brooke or her sister Jamie.  As good of a shooter as Brooke and better in the lane than Jamie.  Plays good D also. Just a great player!

Boy I hope she picks Big Red!

TKiss actually came back a little earlier than what she planned as last night she put up 19 points in a 52 - 43 win over Ravenna. 

Taylor K. currently #56 on Prospects Nation's Top 100 players as 4 star.

#60 on  ESPNU HoopGurlzSuper 60 Player

Has she indicated any planned time frame for a UNL (of course) commit?

She really doesn't need to wait.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hearing that both Coach Yori and Coach Stephens made the trip to Minden last Friday night to watch Taylor Kissinger.

And then Sunday Husker target Deja Church the 5'8 Guard from Southfield Lathrup High School in Detroit was in attendance for the Michigan game. She has an offer from both Nebraska and Michigan. Hoping she liked what she saw from the Huskers!

Hearing that both Coach Yori and Coach Stephens made the trip to Minden last Friday night to watch Taylor Kissinger.

And then Sunday Husker target Deja Church the 5'8 Guard from Southfield Lathrup High School in Detroit was in attendance for the Michigan game. She has an offer from both Nebraska and Michigan. Hoping she liked what she saw from the Huskers!

Coach Stephens has some ties to Minden folks due to her time at UNK.  Glad she is involved in Taylor's recruitment.