Seat Yourself Process

REDZONEDAN

Finally got my email today with my assigned time. Is anyone else going to try to upgrade their seats this upcoming season?

Finally got my email today with my assigned time. Is anyone else going to try to upgrade their seats this upcoming season?

I'm going to try on the women's side.

I just logged in as there are currently only 2 seats open in the lower bowl.  Otherwise, the only seats open are in the 200 or 300 level section.  So if you are someone already in the upper bowl looking to move down, chances are not good.  But if you want to just improve your seats and stay in the 200 or 300 level, you might be able to do that. 

I used this process for NU volleyball as well but wasn't able to improve my seats as they were already taken.  If you aren't one of the first people able to log in, then all the good seats are typically gone within the first day. 

I just logged in as there are currently only 2 seats open in the lower bowl.  Otherwise, the only seats open are in the 200 or 300 level section.  So if you are someone already in the upper bowl looking to move down, chances are not good.  But if you want to just improve your seats and stay in the 200 or 300 level, you might be able to do that. 

I used this process for NU volleyball as well but wasn't able to improve my seats as they were already taken.  If you aren't one of the first people able to log in, then all the good seats are typically gone within the first day. 

Thanks for the 411.  I'll let my dad know. We were hoping to move down to the 100 level this year for the mens.  My parents are already in the 5th row on the side opposite of the teams for the womens.  I know that was the problem we had last year.  They told us the only places they had open were the 200 and 300 level. Basically, you might as well plan on staying where you are. They should move the visiting section up to the 300 level. That would open up a few seats.

Regarding the comment about the visitor's seating - those seats that are located in the corner directly behind the visitor's bench are the comp tickets that each school is contractually obligated to provide to the visiting team's coaches and players so those seats are going nowhere. Besides we're only talking about 50 or so seats at most so moving them won't a big effect on general seating within the arena. Basketball does not require a visitor's allotment like they do in football.

They must have just been setting up the whole thing...there's a lot more than 2 seats in the lower bowl available when I looked.  I'd say about a 1/3 to a 1/4 of the lower bowl is green colored.

Regarding the comment about the visitor's seating - those seats that are located in the corner directly behind the visitor's bench are the comp tickets that each school is contractually obligated to provide to the visiting team's coaches and players so those seats are going nowhere. Besides we're only talking about 50 or so seats at most so moving them won't a big effect on general seating within the arena. Basketball does not require a visitor's allotment like they do in football.

ah...thanks...I didn't realize those were coaches/players families and friend.

They must have just been setting up the whole thing...there's a lot more than 2 seats in the lower bowl available when I looked.  I'd say about a 1/3 to a 1/4 of the lower bowl is green colored.

But to be clear the green colored portions just means there are seats available in those sections - usually just a couple in scattered locations.  There are more than the 2 indicated earlier - but not a large amount.

I just logged in as there are currently only 2 seats open in the lower bowl. Otherwise, the only seats open are in the 200 or 300 level section. So if you are someone already in the upper bowl looking to move down, chances are not good. But if you want to just improve your seats and stay in the 200 or 300 level, you might be able to do that.

I used this process for NU volleyball as well but wasn't able to improve my seats as they were already taken. If you aren't one of the first people able to log in, then all the good seats are typically gone within the first day.

They must have just been setting up the whole thing...there's a lot more than 2 seats in the lower bowl available when I looked. I'd say about a 1/3 to a 1/4 of the lower bowl is green colored.

But to be clear the green colored portions just means there are seats available in those sections - usually just a couple in scattered locations. There are more than the 2 indicated earlier - but not a large amount.

For fun I just counted the green dots in the lower bowl. There are 146 seats up for grabs.

I just logged in as there are currently only 2 seats open in the lower bowl. Otherwise, the only seats open are in the 200 or 300 level section. So if you are someone already in the upper bowl looking to move down, chances are not good. But if you want to just improve your seats and stay in the 200 or 300 level, you might be able to do that.

I used this process for NU volleyball as well but wasn't able to improve my seats as they were already taken. If you aren't one of the first people able to log in, then all the good seats are typically gone within the first day.

They must have just been setting up the whole thing...there's a lot more than 2 seats in the lower bowl available when I looked. I'd say about a 1/3 to a 1/4 of the lower bowl is green colored.

But to be clear the green colored portions just means there are seats available in those sections - usually just a couple in scattered locations. There are more than the 2 indicated earlier - but not a large amount.

For fun I just counted the green dots in the lower bowl. There are 146 seats up for grabs.

Now...how do donations factor into all that?  I guess are the people in the 200-300 level going to want to pony up the money for donations to the program to get those seats in the 100 level.

Now...how do donations factor into all that? I guess are the people in the 200-300 level going to want to pony up the money for donations to the program to get those seats in the 100 level.

There are plenty of people willing to pay the $100 per seat donation to have those seats. Especially when they've donated 1000s upon 1000s just to get into a position in the seat yourself line to possibly acquire lower bowl seats.

Now...how do donations factor into all that? I guess are the people in the 200-300 level going to want to pony up the money for donations to the program to get those seats in the 100 level.

There are plenty of people willing to pay the $100 per seat donation to have those seats. Especially when they've donated 1000s upon 1000s just to get into a position in the seat yourself line to possibly acquire lower bowl seats.

Well I wish you all luck Monday.  I know we will be on line just as the rest of you will.

Was fortunate and got to move to seats within my specifications in the 200 level from the 300 level today, so I'm a happy camper. I'm now in section 220, row 4 maybe next season I can move to what the optimum seats would be for me in section 219.

Since I moved I can no longer access the site but a friend of mine can and he tells me there's nothing but a few scattered singles in the lower level and some pairs in the corners of the 200 level and lots of tickets in the 300 level.

Was fortunate and got to move to seats within my specifications in the 200 level from the 300 level today, so I'm a happy camper. I'm now in section 220, row 4 maybe next season I can move to what the optimum seats would be for me in section 219.

Since I moved I can no longer access the site but a friend of mine can and he tells me there's nothing but a few scattered singles in the lower level and some pairs in the corners of the 200 level and lots of tickets in the 300 level.

There are now no pairs in either the 100 level or 200 level.