Nebraska defeats Albacete Basket, 66-63.

1st  2nd  FINAL

Nebraska                  26   40     66

Albacete Basket      32   31     63

Albacete Basket is a semipro basketball team based in Albacete, Spain. They play in Liga EBA (Liga Española de Baloncesto Amateur), which is on the 4th tier of the Spanish basketball league system. Teams in Liga EBA are divided in five groups by geographical criteria, with Albacete Basket playing in Group B. They ended the 2014-2015 season with a 19-7 record, and finished 2nd out of 14 teams in Liga EBA Group B.

It is interesting to see how Miles is allocating minutes during these games.

The box score is a mess relating to rebounds, steals, assists and free throws and some guys got other guys points.  They dont know what they are doing as scorekeepers by which they may see the game different than we do..  they missed alot stats for the Huskers.  Huskers had better numbers than what is displayed above

Official stats thru 2 games ----

Player Total           PTS          FG ATTS                  3PT ATTS                FT  ATTS   O-D-REB AST-TVR STL-BLK

Parker Total          5              2-6 33.3%              0-2 00.0%              1-1 100%               0-4—4    5-10        1-0

Watson Total         4              2-8 25.0%              0-2 00.0%              0-0 00.0%              0-5—5    6-3          3-0

McVeigh Total       12           4-11 36.4%               1-4 25.0%              3-5 60.0%              4-1—5    1-1          0-0

Evelyn Total           4              2-3 66.7%              0-1 00.0%              0-0 00.0%              0-1—1    3-1          0-0

Jacobson Tot         5              2-5 40.0%              1-2 50.0%              0-0 00.0%              1-9—10   0-2          0-0

Fuller Total            5              1-5 20.0%              0-3 00.0%              3-4 75.0%              1-2—3      2-7          2-0

Player Total           PTS          FG ATTS                  3PT ATTS                FT  ATTS   O-D-REB AST-TVR STL-BLK

Hammond Tot       6              2-4 50.0%              0-0 00.0%            2-2 100%               3-4—7    0-3          1-1

Morrow Total        24           9-12 75.0%            0-0 00.0%              6-8 75.0%              5-3—8    1-3          0-2         

Shields Total          23           6-19 31.6%            1-5 20.0%           10-14 71.4%         5-1116   4-7          7-0

White Total           27           11-25 44.0%         3-10 30.0%            2-5 40.0%              4-7—11   0-5          4-1

Webster Total       30           11-22 50.0%         1-3 33.3%              7-9 77.8%              2-2—4     1-6          5-0

NU TOTAL         145         52-120 43.3%       7-32 21.9%            34-48 70.8%       25-4974   23-48     23-4

Brutal turnover numbers -- thanks in part to "Euro-travel" interpretaions.  ;) 

Thanks in LARGE part to "Euro-travel" interpretations.

I thought it was funny how people were complaining about Tai Webster committing travelling violations as a 3rd year player on the team.  Just hasn't learned yet, blah blah blah. 

Yeah, that, or ...  :rolleyes:

Anyway, trying to decide who had the worst stats is a bit of a challenge.  I think part of it depends on what you would have hoped for or expected from them. 

Although he has competition, I think I decided that Fuller's stats are worst/most disappointing.  Only 1-5 from the field, O-fer from distance, only 3 rebounds and 7 turnovers.  Yikes.

On the other hand, Ed Morrow is a frickin' stud.  I think I see a starting lineup forming:  Webster, White, Shields and Morrow plus a point guard.  Probably Benny, but quite possibly Watson.

Yeah Fuller struggling a bit - he is doing a lot of the dirty work, making some hustle plays, but if he's going to get 10-15 minutes in the season, he needs to hit 3s and cut down on turnovers

Watson's 6-to-3 Assist-to-turnover is really good considering the officiating. And he's had a few other assist opportunities wiped away by a foul where the pass recipient couldn't finish but shot FTs. The little tear-drop he hit today late in the 4th quarter was a huge shot, nice to see.

Morrow has been great so far - even though his stats weren't as good today, I liked his willingness to battle down there - the opponent today definitely was tougher inside than the opponent Sunday

I'd say the biggest surprises to me in these numbers were Jacobson & Hammond - after watching I would have said they didn't do much, and they certainly haven't scored a ton - but for them to have those rebounding numbers in maybe 25-30 minutes of total play each is pretty good actually. Both have had some nice moments, and some tentativeness - hopefully this trip will give them both some confidence heading into October. We definitely need those two to give us some minutes down low.

With Shields not shooting a particularly high percentage and with White not exactly on fire yet from 3, I'd say NU being 2-0 and making the nice comeback we did today is pretty good.

Also good point on the comments about Tai on the chat on the video feed - Tai is probably always going to get the bulk of criticism just because of that "top 50" comment from Fran, but he had another nice game today, hit a big 3 to give us the lead mid-3rd Q and then hit both of those FTs late to ice it. And he's been finishing at the rim better than Shields has to this point thru 2 games. Yeah, he makes some out of control plays & he has moments where he struggles, but he has been pretty good thru 2 games. Hope he can keep it going!