Nebraska defeats Eurocolegio Casvi, 79-64.

1st  2nd  FINAL

Nebraska                  35   44     79

Eurocolegio Casvi   35   29     64

Eurocolegio Casvi is a semipro basketball team based in Madrid, Spain. They play in Liga EBA (Liga Española de Baloncesto Amateur), which is on the 4th tier of the Spanish basketball league system. Teams in Liga EBA are divided in five groups by geographical criteria, with Eurocolegio Casvi playing in Group B. They ended the 2014-2015 season with a 10-16 record, and finished 9th out of 14 teams in Liga EBA Group B. The Miami Hurricanes defeated Eurocolegio Casvi back on 8/16/2014, 79-68.

Excellent work, Dimes.  The video feed downloaded and posted doesn't have the herky-jerky action as when I was streaming it.  Nice.

Upon further review, um, mine never oriented correctly after the camera operator switched to landscape view.  Need to work on that, Dimes.  Sorry to be the bearer of less-than-stellar news.

When finished the first part will be sideways and the majority will be the correct orientation.

The 2nd video is done but the first is still processing.  Probably another 15-30 minutes

Official stats

................FG.(3FG).FT

Webster 8-12 (0-1) 1-1 17 pts 2 reb 1 asst

White.....4-11 (2-5) 0-1 10 pts 4 reb 0 asst 3 steal

Watson....0-0 (0-0) 0-0   0 pts 4 reb 4 asst

McVeigh 4-10 (1-3) 1-3 10 pts 4 reb 1 asst

Evelyn.... 1-2 (0-1) 0-0    2 pts 0 reb 3 asst

Jacobson 1-2 (0-0) 0-0   2 pts 6 reb

Fuller.......0-2 (0-2) 3-4   3 pts 2 reb 2 asst 2 steal

Hammond 2-4 (0-0) 0-0  4 pts 5 reb

Morrow.....7-9 (0-0) 3-3 17 pts 5 reb 1 asst

Shields......3-9 (1-2) 5-6 12 pts 12 reb 3 asst 2 steal

Parker.......1-3 (0-0) 0-0   2 pts 2 reb 2 asst

Nebraska 31-64 (4-14) 13-18 79 pts

..............(48.4%) 28.5% (72.2%)

They had us for 46 reb (15 offensive), 17 assists, 24 turnovers,8 steals, and 2 blocks - no stats on opponent

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=20&SPID=24&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210271893&DB_OEM_ID=100

Sure as hell hope we get to see a lot more of this from Watson and Morrow.

5IJQLxj.gif

I think we are going to be hearing Watson to Morrow quite a bit over the next four years.  They both just to appear to have that "it" factor.  I was also pleasantly surprised with McVeigh.  Not that I didn't expect him to be solid but he appears to be more athletic and smooth than I thought he would be at first.  All the freshman except for Morrow maybe have a ways to go on the defensive end but that should be expected.

Finally had a chance to watch most of the video and McVeigh was the guy who popped out at me and it reminded me of this comparison a while back.

He will be a solid player.  Like I noted months ago I feel he will be a Sam Dekker lite.

Morrow stands out for his unique body type...he physically reminds me of Myles Holley and I suspect he'll enjoy dunking as much. Did anyone notice how he had to be separated from their center a few times?  He seems like a guy with a controlled chip on his shoulder, almost nasty...something we haven't seen from a post player in a while. At this point he's going to play even if he has 0 offensive skill.  He'll be a special player if he has any sort of post moves or jump shot.

I think it will be tempting for people to compare White to Petteway but I'm not sure White will have that killer scorer mentality. I'm going to think in terms of what Gallegos on his best days brought and then start looking back further for a White comparison once I'm able to see him more in action.

Finally had a chance to watch most of the video and McVeigh was the guy who popped out at me and it reminded me of this comparison a while back.

He will be a solid player.  Like I noted months ago I feel he will be a Sam Dekker lite.

Morrow stands out for his unique body type...he physically reminds me of Myles Holley and I suspect he'll enjoy dunking as much. Did anyone notice how he had to be separated from their center a few times?  He seems like a guy with a controlled chip on his shoulder, almost nasty...something we haven't seen from a post player in a while. At this point he's going to play even if he has 0 offensive skill.  He'll be a special player if he has any sort of post moves or jump shot.

I think it will be tempting for people to compare White to Petteway but I'm not sure White will have that killer scorer mentality. I'm going to think in terms of what Gallegos on his best days brought and then start looking back further for a White comparison once I'm able to see him more in action.

White has a nice stroke from deep.  But he was really bad trying to create off the dribble drive.  He missed pretty badly on some of those acrobat kinds of shots.  Those were the kinds of shots Petteway had a habit of finding a way to make them.  Andrew's body control in the air seems a little in doubt.  He just appeared way off balance trying to flip up a couple of those layup kind of things and it just didn't look like the ball had any hope of going in.  I think he's really, really good when he has his feet set.  But driving into contact was a different story.  At least it was yesterday.

White has a nice stroke from deep.  But he was really bad trying to create off the dribble drive.  He missed pretty badly on some of those acrobat kinds of shots.  Those were the kinds of shots Petteway had a habit of finding a way to make them.  Andrew's body control in the air seems a little in doubt.  He just appeared way off balance trying to flip up a couple of those layup kind of things and it just didn't look like the ball had any hope of going in.  I think he's really, really good when he has his feet set.  But driving into contact was a different story.  At least it was yesterday.

This is pretty much along the lines of my thoughts as well. And I'm not sure it would be the fairest comparison between White and Petteway. White will be playing a much more specialized role than Petteway had to put on his shoulders. That said, if White can keep putting up those jumpers, it's going to open up a lot of space for Shields, Parker, et al. to drive through.

Two things I liked the most from yesterday:

1) Being able to handle a faster pace (and pressure at times)

2) Strong ball movement and setting up plays right away opposed to waiting until there's 15 seconds on the shot clock