Gotta Ask! Any News on Basketball Practices?

Red Don

I gotta ask, since I am (way) out-of-state!  Does anyone have any intelligence on how the Basketball Practices are going?   I believe there are ten practices leading up to the Spain Exhibition Tour. 

I know a lot of you living in Lincoln have your eyes on the Players (or cheerleaders? ;)) and 'ears to the ground.'  (Remember how 'extremehoops' scooped the press  :P  on reporting Morrow's bone spurs  - a lot of you were 'in-the-know' during that thread.)

Oh, and Michael Jacobson is having surgery today to repair his broken nose!

I gotta ask, since I am (way) out-of-state!  Does anyone have any intelligence on how the Basketball Practices are going?   I believe there are ten practices leading up to the Spain Exhibition Tour. 

I know a lot of you living in Lincoln have your eyes on the Players (or cheerleaders? ;)) and 'ears to the ground.'  (Remember how 'extremehoops' scooped the press  :P  on reporting Morrow's bone spurs  - a lot of you were 'in-the-know' during that thread.)

With fall camp starting up we probably won't get much info unfortunately.  Everyone is in football mode now. 

I hear the cheerleader practices are going well.  They have started to work on the Husker Power Chant and will be practicing that for the next few weeks.  Followed up by a week of tough Go Big Red chants.

I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of media coverage for these practices, though the media may not have access. Granted, we're not in Lawrence or Durham here, but aren't these practices important enough to warrant media coverage? The lack of coverage has been disappointing. 

Personally, I'd love to hear how things are going, and how the newcomers are faring. Of course, there's lots of football activity right now, which I love, but it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. We shouldn't be relegated to talking about Michael Jacobson's broken nose. 

I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of media coverage for these practices, though the media may not have access. Granted, we're not in Lawrence or Durham here, but aren't these practices important enough to warrant media coverage? The lack of coverage has been disappointing. 

Personally, I'd love to hear how things are going, and how the newcomers are faring. Of course, there's lots of football activity right now, which I love, but it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. We shouldn't be relegated to talking about Michael Jacobson's broken nose. 

There are only so many sports reporters and they're all at football. It ain't easy being a hardcore hoops fan.

There are only so many sports reporters and they're all at football. It ain't easy being a hardcore hoops fan.

or a number of other sports. At least they put basketball in the sports section where it belongs and not the living or entertainment section like one of the other sports I watch.

It is too bad that most of the sports reporters for Nebraska sports see basketball as basically just something between football season and spring football season.  Then again, most of the fanbase is the exact same way.

Hey, we can like both football and basketball at the same time. Just ask all of those Creighton fans.

yeah how is that Creighton Football team going to do this year? I heard they are probably pre season ranked 129 out of 128 division 1 teams.

Lame

Totally but I don't think they have plans for a football team any time soon.

It is too bad that most of the sports reporters for Nebraska sports see basketball as basically just something between football season and spring football season.  Then again, most of the fanbase is the exact same way.

The fanbase that was top 10 in attendance last year? That fanbase?

Hey, we can like both football and basketball at the same time. Just ask all of those Creighton fans.

yeah how is that Creighton Football team going to do this year? I heard they are probably pre season ranked 129 out of 128 division 1 teams.

Lame

Probably...but it's as lame as the Creighton fans that root for Husker football and then turn their backs on husker nation for everything else.

Lame

Probably...but it's as lame as the Creighton fans that root for Husker football and then turn their backs on husker nation for everything else.

I've given up trying to figure out/justify those folks, you like what you like.

Lame

I've given up trying to figure out/justify those folks, you like what you like.

Here's my perspective: if Wisconsin doesn't care that Marquette roots for the Badgers, if UCLA or USC doesn't care that UC-(insert name here)/Cal State (insert name here) roots for them, and if Boston College doesn't care that UMass roots for the Eagles, then we're just annoying fans complaining about Creighton fans rooting for us.

(Disclaimer: I have no data or survey results about Wisconsin, UCLA/USC, Boston College et al. fan perceptions regarding this topic so it could entirely be justified.)