Overseas Trip

Miami played Casvi and Albacete last year, winning both game by 11 and scoring in the high 70s

Glad we are playing some teams that will give the guys a chance to compete as opposed to making it a layup drill against the opposing team. 

I suspect that the European Basketball Academy will be the tough matchup and that CB Castelldefels will be the layup drill

Trueblood-less in Spain:

This Trueblood story is sounding a lot like my friend, from High School Mitch Albers, dude was a stud at Papio, went to UNO was a stud first year or two went to walk on at NU, early word was Doc really liked him, and he got the damn swine flu, dropped down liked 40lbs..he only weighed maybe 190 tops, and left the program, and went back to UNO after he recuperated...i hope this isnt the same. 

Trueblood-less in Spain:

This Trueblood story is sounding a lot like my friend, from High School Mitch Albers, dude was a stud at Papio, went to UNO was a stud first year or two went to walk on at NU, early word was Doc really liked him, and he got the damn swine flu, dropped down liked 40lbs..he only weighed maybe 190 tops, and left the program, and went back to UNO after he recuperated...i hope this isnt the same. 

Dropped 40 lbs, huh?  Where's a guy go to pick up some of this swine flu stuff?  Does it come in like a powder?

Trueblood-less in Spain:

Dropped 40 lbs, huh?  Where's a guy go to pick up some of this swine flu stuff?  Does it come in like a powder?

sadly i got it too in college too...and i gained weight so idk how it works..ive heard good things about tapeworms tho...

It's about time someone made a pro tapeworm post. So many posters seem to thrive on negative. Now let's hear something positive about the Bluejays. I hear they may be giving out free tapeworms at their games this year.

Creighton was pre-season ranked #1 and has five projected All-Americans according to the "Bluejay Irrational Journal". Does that count?

It's about time someone made a pro tapeworm post. So many posters seem to thrive on negative. Now let's hear something positive about the Bluejays. I hear they may be giving out free tapeworms at their games this year.

Creighton was pre-season ranked #1 and has five projected All-Americans according to the "Bluejay Irrational Journal". Does that count?

Perhaps we could win a game in the series before we go running our Bluejay smack. 

Making fun of their tapeworms is one thing; making any derogatory observation about how good they might or might not be can wait until we actually beat them a time or two, IMO.

(By this point in Doc's tenure, he had a 2-1 record in the series.  Just sayin'.)

I take it those are merely for the trip there. I'm sure Spain has snacks available. ;)

Well yeah but they can be different than we are used too. Also it can be hard to get them and they can cost a ton of money, like a coke at one hotel we were staying at in Madrid was like $7.

Having said all that I wonder how they are going to get all that over there if they are taking snacks along. Guess it won't be a carry on.;)

Schedule

Travel Schedule
Aug. 14 (Travel Day)
Aug. 15 –18 (morning) - Madrid
Aug. 18 (evening)-Aug. 20 (morning) - Valencia
Aug. 20 (afternoon)- Aug. 23 (morning) – Barcelona
Aug. 23 (Travel Day)

Game Schedule
Opponent                                                                                                                                   Time
Aug. 16 – Eurocolegio Casvi                                                                                                 1 p.m. (CT) - 8 p.m. Local
Aug. 18 – vs. Albacete Basket                                                                                             10 a.m. (CT) - 5 p.m. Local
Aug. 21 – vs. Europe Basketball Academy                                                                     1 p.m. (CT) - 8 p.m. Local
Aug. 22 – vs. CB Castelldefels                                                                                             1 p.m. (CT) - 8 p.m. Local

Note from LeeBo about Anton Gill travelling for the trip: 

Louisville transfer Anton Gill had a wild Wednesday. Originally, it was thought he wouldn’t be allowed to go to Spain because he has to sit out this season. Then Nebraska was granted a waiver for him to travel but not play in games. One problem, though: Gill’s passport had expired. So he went to a U.S. Embassy office in Denver to get a new passport in time to leave with the team Friday morning.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/tim-miles-lesson-for-nebraska-freshmen-prior-to-spain-trip/article_dd8771f4-4157-11e5-a259-979331f6a1cf.html